First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with GTman on this, the .7 is a non issue considering its only under hard throttle and 87 octane. The actual code you're throwing is the real question.
I forgot to mention the check engine light came on after I flashed it, not while driving. I have read that it may go away on its own?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Are you talking about an actual CEL (engine light on) or just those center dash "warnings" you can sometimes that go away on their own after a tune? If you're not getting any actual codes and the system problem still shows after a few drives cycles, go ahead and re-flash the tune.

Truthfully, this would get better visibility in my tuning thread. Why not add your car?

Honda Civic 10th gen Knock Control .85 2019-06-23 17.58.08

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you talking about an actual CEL (engine light on) or just those center dash "warnings" you can sometimes that go away on their own after a tune? If you're not getting any actual codes and the system problem still shows after a few drives cycles, go ahead and re-flash the tune.

Truthfully, this would get better visibility in my tuning thread. Why not add your car?

2019-06-23 17.58.08.jpg
No it's the engine light. But I figured it out. I had the wrong program selected for the serial number. Loaded the right one, flashed and no engine light now.
And yes, I will add it to the tuning thread tomorrow after I flash the dual 21psi map and put some miles on it. I ran out of 87 and filled up tonight with Shell 93. The K control went down to .49! I believe all is well and excited to try it out tomorrow before the rain comes.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I just got the Ktuner and had a full tank of 89 Octane in it, ill get 91 or 93 next time i fill up and see if that makes the difference. Also i will check back in with a normal drive without any hard accelerations.
These cars require 93 (premium) but if not the next best would be 91. Lower octane ratings will increase KC and adding octane will (mostly) only improve/lower the KC. Under load/pulls I've seen .89 but cruising for a while and entering light boost will get the KC back down to "normal" which as GTMAN as basically said is a result of alot of factors including as you said, humidity.

OP
OP
wmayhue

wmayhue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These cars require 93 (premium) but if not the next best would be 91. Lower octane ratings will increase KC and adding octane will (mostly) only improve/lower the KC. Under load/pulls I've seen .89 but cruising for a while and entering light boost will get the KC back down to "normal" which as GTMAN as basically said is a result of alot of factors including as you said, humidity.
That question was asked over two years ago when I had no clue what I was doing, but I'm glad you're replying nonetheless. This thread got revived last week for a similar question. Its certainly required when tuning and pushing higher boost pressures are in the mix.
Sponsored