Kind of fucked myself here...need help asap.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
One thing to keep in mind is that (IIRC) the Hondata version of TSP 1 only has the single high powered map (no on the fly map switching like KTuner).
OK, I didn't know that. I wonder why only 1 map and no Map switching in Hondata's version
Sponsored

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't know about SoCal, but here in NorCal I can't get anything shipped less than a week. I ordered F Sport Sway bars for my IS350 from a Sacramento dealership a week ago and it still hasn't arrived (it's in stock). I have a few other stuff I ordered with 2 day shipping that 2 weeks later still haven't arrived
Shit. Ok.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Shit. Ok.
Here is an order I placed on Amazon on April 30th. It was a Prime order that was stated to arrive May 10th. It's May 14th and I still have not received it. It does state it's in stock

Honda Civic 10th gen Kind of fucked myself here...need help asap. 1589484100476

Basically with the Pandemic, you will probably not get it over-night. Even if it's in California. BTW, that message has been displaying since May 10th

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Here is an order I placed on Amazon on April 30th. It was a Prime order that was stated to arrive May 10th. It's May 14th and I still have not received it. It does state it's in stock

1589484100476.png

Basically with the Pandemic, you will probably not get it over-night. Even if it's in California. BTW, that message has been displaying since May 10th
Ok, this sucks. Luckily my neighbor said he has some sort of hook up with clutch master and get an FX400 today. I did not especially want CM but I might have to do what's available. I'm on the fence.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As far as I know, map switching is an exclusive feature of KTuner.

Hondata uses a version of TSP's Map 3, IIRC. 19/24.5 PSI.
No wonder his clutch is slipping...

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok, this sucks. Luckily my neighbor said he has some sort of hook up with clutch master and get an FX400 today. I did not especially want CM but I might have to do what's available. I'm on the fence.
For what its worth, I've been on the fx400 6 puck sprung with their flywheel for a little over a year now. I've gone from ktuner starter maps to prl big turbo and recently a flex kit added on.

It has not slipped yet and after the first ~1500 miles the chatter in 1st and reverse has stopped. The pedal feel honestly hasn't been an issue since the 1st 500 miles and I daily it in a town area with moderate traffic but maybe I've just gotten used to it.

How long itll last idk yet. I've heard some say 10,000 miles but I'm well past that. Some have said 20 and even 30k miles.
Honestly, most of the issues I've heard about Clutch Masters have come from the fx350.

If you do decide on it, please keep in mind you need the unsprung option for the stock flywheel and a sprung if you get a single mass flywheel

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@Turtle_714 Also ACT has been out of stock with their clutches for a while, you may have to wait a bit to get their kit

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has act been good to these cars? never hear anything about them at least I haven't only clutch masters or type r retrofit
Their kit came out very recently that's why you mostly hear the other brands. I've heard good things about their kits

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Their kit came out very recently that's why you mostly hear the other brands. I've heard good things about their kits
I hope they’re good for these cars it’d be nice to have an alternative to the type r retrofit

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't mind the price but itd be nice to have alternatives
Yeah i know plus if you're not planning on adding 500 hp to your car then what's the point

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Yeah i know plus if you're not planning on adding 500 hp to your car then what's the point
A big benefit is that you retain a stock-like feel to the clutch w/ little fear of dealing w/ chatter or lockout. Seems like many of these clutch kits are a crapshoot. I debated going w/ the Exedy clutch (since they made the OEM they likely know how to keep their upgraded clutches feeling like stock) w/ the stock DMF, but I'm taking a guess that at this point my flywheel is a bit burnt and would need replaced anyways, so I'll likely go w/ the retrofit setup.
Sponsored