Kind of fucked myself here...need help asap.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
So I've had the flashpro uploaded to my car for a couple weeks now, very happy with it. Yesterday I finally got full bolt ons installed and as I should have known, the clutch won't hold at all. Constantly slips even when driving it very easy and softly. I will be ordering the ACT organic disc flywheel kit today but over the next few days I need a way to drive my car. If I return the ECU to stock while having these bolt ons, I know it would be pretty lame, I can deal with that for a few days, but will it be SAFE? that is my question. Will I be hurting my car at all if I have these mods to a stock ECU...A/F ratio etc.
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
How many bolt on are we talking? Usually, bolts ons are perfectly fine to run on stock ECU's

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
How many bolt on are we talking? Usually, bolts ons are perfectly fine to run on stock ECU's
FMIC kit with pipes, DP/FP, Catback exhaust, would probably have to take the PRL race maf intake off and put stock back on for a few days I think.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
FMIC kit with pipes, DP/FP, Catback exhaust, would probably have to take the PRL race maf intake off and put stock back on for a few days I think.
I think it'd be fine on a stock ECU with all that stuff. The PRL might through a code but you're not in danger of breaking anything.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Also here's the thing. With those bolt ons you really should get a custom tune to put the power down smartly/safely. Base tunes are essentially for a stock setup. And if you're worried about running stock for a while, run a datalog to see where things are at.

By the way, have you done your CivicX tuning survey?

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/the-tuned-civic-x-reliability-survey-all-models.42361/
I've got the TSP Stage 1 tune but haven't uploaded it yet since I just got the PRL intake delivered today. Was not sure if this tune would be too aggressive and make it worse or if it would work better due to the torque being in a different range. (If I am correct about TSP changing torque settings)

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the clutch won't hold at all. Constantly slips even when driving it very easy and softly.
If you've already roasted your clutch to where it won't hold even at part throttle/easy driving, its toast. Demodding or reflashing to stock won't make it magically grab. You need to park it or drive even easier to a level that it doesn't slip. When its slipping under full pressure from the pressure plate its generating tons of heat and can explode causing severe damage and/or injuries.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
If you've already roasted your clutch to where it won't hold even at part throttle/easy driving, its toast. Demodding or reflashing to stock won't make it magically grab. You need to park it or drive even easier to a level that it doesn't slip. When its slipping under full pressure from the pressure plate its generating tons of heat and can explode causing severe damage and/or injuries.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure if it is roasted as it has not slipped even one time until yesterday after I left the shop getting these bolt ons installed. But I think i'll play it safe and overnight a clutch kit and install it over the weekend.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
As previously mentioned, you should really get a custom tune especially with the DP/FP. I would also remove the the Race MAF for now and go back to the stock intake and either flash back to stock or flash to TSP's stage 1 tune and stick to map 1. You are probably using a Flashpro tune that is way too aggressive and that's why your clutch is slipping. Going back to stock or TSP stage 1, the slipping will probably cease

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
If it is glazed, sit in your driveway and try to get some normal friction on it. Like ride the clutch back and forth to get it warm and worn a little to clean up the surface.

While you wait for your new clutch assembly just baby it. Dont accelerate hard and shift before 3000-3500 RPM. I don’t see how you wouldn't be able to feather the throttle for a few days and have it hold.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure if it is roasted as it has not slipped even one time until yesterday after I left the shop getting these bolt ons installed. But I think i'll play it safe and overnight a clutch kit and install it over the weekend.
If it just started slipping then its definitely not completely done but is probably glazed a fair bit. You'll be fine to drive on it until you get your new clutch and flywheel. Just don't over do it or itll end up looking like this. Note there was no damage to the transmission from driving on it in this condition

My buddy had to drive on it for months well after it started slipping until he was able to get his new clutch and flywheel.
Honda Civic 10th gen Kind of fucked myself here...need help asap. Screenshot_20200514-143746_Messenger
Honda Civic 10th gen Kind of fucked myself here...need help asap. Screenshot_20200514-143751_Messenger

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
If it just started slipping then its definitely not completely done but is probably glazed a fair bit. You'll be fine to drive on it until you get your new clutch and flywheel. Just don't over do it or itll end up looking like this. Note there was no damage to the transmission from driving on it in this condition

My buddy had to drive on it for months well after it started slipping until he was able to get his new clutch and flywheel.
Screenshot_20200514-143746_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20200514-143751_Messenger.jpg
Ok cool, I think i'll just play it safe and park it over the weekend and get this clutch kit overnighted, hopefully get it installed Sunday. But if I do have to drive it, i'll definitely keep it under 3K rpm.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a catless DP then it will prob throw a code without a tune on it that disables the O2. Race MAF will throw it too without a tune. If you're going to park it until you get a clutch then you should be ok but should get a custom tune with all those parts as there are no out of the box ones.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As previously mentioned, you should really get a custom tune especially with the DP/FP. I would also remove the the Race MAF for now and go back to the stock intake and either flash back to stock or flash to TSP's stage 1 tune and stick to map 1. You are probably using a Flashpro tune that is way too aggressive and that's why your clutch is slipping. Going back to stock or TSP stage 1, the slipping will probably cease
One thing to keep in mind is that (IIRC) the Hondata version of TSP 1 only has the single high powered map (no on the fly map switching like KTuner).

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Ok cool, I think i'll just play it safe and park it over the weekend and get this clutch kit overnighted, hopefully get it installed Sunday. But if I do have to drive it, i'll definitely keep it under 3K rpm.
I don't know about SoCal, but here in NorCal I can't get anything shipped less than a week. I ordered F Sport Sway bars for my IS350 from a Sacramento dealership a week ago and it still hasn't arrived (it's in stock). I have a few other stuff I ordered with 2 day shipping that 2 weeks later still haven't arrived
Sponsored