Kia Forte5 SX Test

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks nice, kind of reminds me of the Protege5 I had and I read somewhere that the designer for that ended up at Kia, which is why the first 5 door like that looked so similar.

But...

From the article:
"During our testing, the Forte5 went from zero to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds and did the quarter-mile in 15.0 seconds at 94 mph; we deactivated the traction control for our quickest runs, easily besting the computer’s effort. That’s barely slower than a Ford Focus ST, although the similarly priced GTI posted sub-six-second times."

I feel like there's a double standard here (yes, C/D's Si review was favorable, but I mean in general). I've read a LOT of Si reviews, kind of obsessed really, and I don't recall reading something like that. Something that positively says that it's a bit slower, but that it's still feel quick. Usually it seems to be more along the lines of: it's slower than the FoST, and of course, the GTI (or some variation of that). Not only that, usually the Si reviews LOVE to plaster the actual times the GTI and FoST post, here, they aren't even mentioned, just casually referenced, almost as an afterthought.

I realize the Si is a beloved car to many people, and it's held to a very high standard for what it is, but numbers like that would have caused them to crucify the Si. In fact, the Si isn't even mentioned as a competitor. It's the same price (cheaper actually), has very similar numbers, and competes with the FoST and GTI. What gives??

OP
OP
kritz

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Tell us how you really feel Zoo lol:D:D

OP
OP
kritz

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Remember the commercials?:thumbsup::lol:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Not bad, decent exterior styling, fun drive-train, but I would still pick my Civic HB sport...
Sponsored