Keyless Starter System Glitch? Car turning on by itself to accessory mode.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
2016 Honda Civic, Car will trigger itself to start to accessory mode, turning on headlights, wipers (if switch is on), and sometimes triggering the alarm system when locked and armed. All scenarios tried below, vehicle will respond the same.

Honda Dealer unable to diagnose the issue. Diagnostics is convinced the issue is due to having both keyless fobs in the vehicle, but issue began 3 weeks and continued consistently prior to carrying the second key for backup assurance so I wouldnt't be stranded if it were a key issue

Variations tried to eliminate trigger, no differences occur - car SELF TRIGGERS TO ACCESSORY MODE.

--- 1 key in vehicle
--- 2 keys in vehicle
--- Both keys in vehicle, one with battery removed
--- Both keys in vehicle, both batteries removed
--- NO KEYS in vehicle (close proximity)
--- NO KEYS in vehicle (over 50 feet from vehicle, in the house)

Under all circumstance, vehicle responds the same, triggering on the electronic system of the vehicle without pressing the push to start. I am forced to disconnect battery so the vehicle battery does not die or trigger to sound the alarm system everyday or night while not supervising activity. Gotten stranded a few times, and had to jump the car.

Any insight? Comments? Suggestions?

Possible root causes, but not suspected by Honda dealer tech.

Ignition switch
Fuses
Keyless entry fobs
Wiring/connections

At my ends here, dealer had the vehicle for over 3 hours, no solution found.
So it could be another signal coming into the car. Have you removed all Extra electronics in the car? You could be carrying something that’s triggering the system. Also have them look at the actual push start button. If it’s getting “stuck” it could keep triggering your engine. Remove the push start assembly and steam it and that will remove any possible stickiness. I’m thinking the push start button is getting stuck when you turn it off.
Sponsored

Lgwilly

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4d, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Honda CTX700, 1999 Acura Integra LS
Country flag
Update from dealership-
Loco Moto was put on the phone with Lejeune Honda with a translator. He stated he has never seen this before so this is where we will start. Ordered and rushed a new key fob module which is coming from Japan and will take a couple weeks to get here.
If that does not work, back to the drawing board.

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
How can u Deactivate factory alarm

MikeyD21

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
Update -

It took a day and a half of Honda having the car, but it finally acted up and kept turning on to accessory and they were able to see exactly what I described to them and what OP said. That doesn't mean they know how to fix it however, all the data they've collected has been sent to the designer of the car itself to see how in the hell we're going to move forward.
I have the problem with my car, so please let me know if theirs is a fix
Thanks

MikeyD21

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
2016 Honda Civic, Car will trigger itself to start to accessory mode, turning on headlights, wipers (if switch is on), and sometimes triggering the alarm system when locked and armed. All scenarios tried below, vehicle will respond the same.

Honda Dealer unable to diagnose the issue. Diagnostics is convinced the issue is due to having both keyless fobs in the vehicle, but issue began 3 weeks and continued consistently prior to carrying the second key for backup assurance so I wouldnt't be stranded if it were a key issue

Variations tried to eliminate trigger, no differences occur - car SELF TRIGGERS TO ACCESSORY MODE.

--- 1 key in vehicle
--- 2 keys in vehicle

Under all circumstance, vehicle responds the same, triggering on the electronic system of the vehicle without pressing the push to start. I am forced to disconnect battery so the vehicle battery does not die or trigger to sound the alarm system everyday or night while not supervising activity. Gotten stranded a few times, and had to jump the car.

Ignition switch
Fuses
Keyless entry fobs
Wiring/connections

Did u get the vehicle fix ,if tes what was the fix.

Pointillism

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex-L
Country flag
Anyone here find a solution to this problem? I'm running in to the exact same issue and want to know how it was solved.

Lgwilly

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4d, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Honda CTX700, 1999 Acura Integra LS
Country flag
Anyone here find a solution...
The dealer replaced the keyless ignition system and I haven't had any problems since.

Sorry for not updating the post everyone. Swamped with work and no more problems with the car sort of caused me to forget.

tuna

First Name
Tuna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Crz
Country flag
The dealer replaced the keyless ignition system and I haven't had any problems since.

Sorry for not updating the post everyone. Swamped with work and no more problems with the car sort of caused me to forget.
Which keyless ignition component did the dealer replaced?, I got a 2017 civic with your exact problem.

Lgwilly

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which keyless ignition component did the dealer replaced?, I got a 2017 civic with your exact problem.
The dealer replaced the body control module and the immobilizer.
No cost to me, everything is still under warranty.

They did not replace my key fobs or start stop switch and I haven't had any issues since.

babar waheed

First Name
Babar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017
Country flag
So it could be another signal coming into the car. Have you removed all Extra electronics in the car? You could be carrying something that’s triggering the system. Also have them look at the actual push start button. If it’s getting “stuck” it could keep triggering your engine. Remove the push start assembly and steam it and that will remove any possible stickiness. I’m thinking the push start button is getting stuck when you turn it off.
I have same problem in my Honda Civic 2017 model for last one month still Honda’s Dealar could not find foult

Prabhoberoi

First Name
Prabhyatan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag

--- 1 key in vehicle
--- 2 keys in vehicle

Ignition switch
Fuses
Keyless entry fobs
Wiring/connections

I have a civic 2017 EX car. It has been giving me the same problem from last one week. Dealers are unable to fix this problem. Kindly please tell me the solution for this problem.I will be very thankful to you.

Prabhoberoi

First Name
Prabhyatan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
I have a civic 2017 EX car. It has been giving me the same problem from last one week. Dealers are unable to fix this problem. Kindly please tell me the solution for this problem.I will be very thankful to you.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Above the guy said the body control module was replaced under warrenty.

spencerbbanks

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The dealer replaced the body control module and the immobilizer.
No cost to me, everything is still under warranty.

They did not replace my key fobs or start stop switch and I haven't had any issues since.
Did this help everyone's issues? Started having the same problem. I have a 2017 SI.

Lgwilly

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited: