Keyless Start System Problem

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just got it tainted this morning with the exact problem. Did your go away?
yeah it went away later that evening. Must have been some moisture on the sensor. Give it a day or so, maybe leave it parked in the sun to help warm it up and dry up any left over moisture
Sponsored

rabit1111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
yeah it went away later that evening. Must have been some moisture on the sensor. Give it a day or so, maybe leave it parked in the sun to help warm it up and dry up any left over moisture
Yep. Came out in the morning and everything was back to normal

jckchn

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
When I get back to the vehicle and put my hand in the handle to open the car it does not recognize my hand. It's like the car has gone to sleep.... However, if I use a lock button once it does work. It's been like this from day one.
Exact same issue here with my new 2017 Civic.

crispy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2004 Subaru STI (Sold), 2008 Lexus ISF (Sold), 2013 Ford Mustang GT, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This happened to me today. The first time it went away on its own then the second time, I shut the car off and it started to flicker. After I tried to restart it, that's when the error came on. On top of it all just like most of you, I just got my windows tinted today and it started.

Woodydog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback sport touring
Got windows tinted yesterday had the warning on when I got the car back. I thought it was because I had both keys in car .
I'm hoping it will dry out and be ok . Problem is had snow last night and is cold
Update it took 4 days for the light to go off . Now everything works as did before tint .

Last edited:

doimonster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Wanted to add that this exact same thing happened to me.

But instead of getting windows tinted, I had a 2-ch dashcam system installed.
I am assuming it is because my installer had to take the panel off the hatch like when tinting the back window.

It took 2-days for the problem to fix itself.

TravisLSU

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic ex hatchback
Exact same issues as everyone has described on my 1 week only 2018. It did storm last night. My hatch keeps popping up , not opening but lifting so I have to slam it down to unlock. I did notice the remote start would not work this morning (after rain before tint) thought it was because I had locked the spare key in it the night before. Does anyone know if remote start works with a key locked inside and using the other fob? Still hoping issues go away soon. Thanks

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exact same issues as everyone has described on my 1 week only 2018. It did storm last night. My hatch keeps popping up , not opening but lifting so I have to slam it down to unlock. I did notice the remote start would not work this morning (after rain before tint) thought it was because I had locked the spare key in it the night before. Does anyone know if remote start works with a key locked inside and using the other fob? Still hoping issues go away soon. Thanks
It won't start using the remote if one if your find is in there. I always thinking it isn't working right to find out my wife has left her keys in the car,once again. She can't get it through her head,that anyone can just drive off without when she does this,lol

TravisLSU

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic ex hatchback
Just to update, everything is working properly now. Just needed time I guess.

bkcfunk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura NSX
Just got window tinted and mine does same thibg on the R. Hopefully, itll let it dry and no lights tomorrow

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
Can confirm, also happened to me post-tint AND the instrument cluster is flickering when the car is off.

Seems we have something super sensitive to water in the interior, either in the front or rear.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Car will not lock if it detects fob inside the car.

Xelanoit

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got my windows tinted on my 2019CTR
Same thing is happening to me. Hopefully it goes away, this thing is bugging the crap out of me! Also sucks that Honda service is closed on Sundays

jonnyfast

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Just to keep this going, just got tint done and it’s giving me that error. Will update if it does away in a couple days.

JJJ

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Just to keep this going, just got tint done and it’s giving me that error. Will update if it does away in a couple days.
Any update?

Just did mine this morning and sure enough, got the error.

Remote start doesn't work. Lock away lock doesn't work. Hatch trunk lock randomly spazzing out trying to lock unlock. And now my car alarm just randomly went off with it parked right in front of my house - lol.. this is ridiculous.
Sponsored