First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
@Team SI

I recently encountered the same error after tapping into fuse 16 with a fuse tap for constant 12v power (door lock), as well as fuse 1 for accessory power when hard wiring a dash cam. Switched constant 12v right over to fuse 24 as soon as I realized such mistake but it was too late.

Please keep us posted how it turns out at the dealer.
I had a fuse tapped to fuse 15 (fuel pump), I had no problems with all my wires that I had installed for about 2.5 years, then this happened.
Sponsored

ChanChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I see.

FYI I had both the positive and negative disconnected from the battery, let it sat for a night, reconnected and everything went back to normal after a few minutes of driving. Going on day 5 now and it behaved as it should, glad it worked out.

OP
OP
Team SI

Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
I see.

FYI I had both the positive and negative disconnected from the battery, let it sat for a night, reconnected and everything went back to normal after a few minutes of driving. Going on day 5 now and it behaved as it should, glad it worked out.
I have done the same but after about a week it came back on, and I removed everything aftermarket.

ChanChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
It has been 5 days for me and I don't have anything aftermarket on besides a catch can.
Will keep an eye out for another week or two and report back.

Not sure if there is any difference but mine is not a daily driven vehicle, I can turn on accessory or ignition power to try daily thou for the next two weeks. Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Team SI

Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
It has been 5 days for me and I don't have anything aftermarket on besides a catch can.
Will keep an eye out for another week or two and report back.

Not sure if there is any difference but mine is not a daily driven vehicle, I can turn on accessory or ignition power to try daily thou for the next two weeks. Will keep you posted.
Any updates on your cars keyless entry code

OP
OP
Team SI

Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
Ok Honda called me today and my car is ready, they said that they replaced the BCM and there should be no more problems, if you are having the same problem take to Honda to get it checked.

ChanChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Any updates on your cars keyless entry code
Yes sir, I gave it a final shot by disconnecting the battery overnight. Everything went back to normal the next day after the re-initialization process of a short drive. Been a good 2+ weeks now no further issue.

Assuming yours has been doing well since BCM replacement?

OP
OP
Team SI

Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
Yes sir, I gave it a final shot by disconnecting the battery overnight. Everything went back to normal the next day after the re-initialization process of a short drive. Been a good 2+ weeks now no further issue.

Assuming yours has been doing well since BCM replacement?
Yes so far no problem

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You just saved me taking it to the dealer!
Damn that back plug
Happened to me twice after installing shifter upgrades in 2 different X gens. And both times I forgot to replug in the antenna on the back side of the center console ?‍♂

the real 7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Type R
Country flag
keyless access system problem just came up on my 2018 , no window tints car was parked for 3 weeks any ideas besides taking to the dealer , seems Honda here in south Florida creates more problems than they fix when you bring these in , instead of trained techs they gone low labor on alot to save cost. love to know how to trouble shoot this issue myself

Daygotouge

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civicSI
Country flag
Is anyone else having this problem with their civic, mine started about a month ago and the light won’t go away, the car won’t start unless I reset it by disconnecting the battery, I do have some aftermarket lights tapped to the oem lights, can that be the problem the lights have been on the car for 2 years with no problem. I’m going to take the car to the dealer to get it checked out.

05D9034E-2F5C-429D-B83B-0F9591A7C86D.jpeg

E1DFCA93-B06C-46E9-9254-61F49BC968D0.jpeg