merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys this past week has been rough. I’ve changed the batteries in both key FOBs and i accidentally popped the back and put them both back together. I put the batteries in the right way I’ve done this multiple times.. This time however when I accidentally popped the back off my key FOBs don’t work. I can unlock the door with the standard key and lock it. I can start it as long as im holding the FOB directly up to the car. When I press unlock/lock the red light doesn’t come on, on the key. Help pls? I was told it short circuit but that wouldnt make sense because it still works, and I dont know how to even reprogram it if that’s the issue.. Thanks ?
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't know why the light would stop working if it needed to be programed im pretty sure thats just physically triggered with the buttons. Could be a short, your car still sees the chip when its close enough but the fob isn't boosting the signal for use like opening the doors etc.

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
yeah i’m not sure hopefully not a short I really dont want to take it to honda dealership

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You may want to take them completely apart again and put them back together. Find a youtube vid if you need help. If one of the buttons is being pressed continually by the case or if buttons are misaligned it could cause this issue.

OP
OP

merdog

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
You may want to take them completely apart again and put them back together. Find a youtube vid if you need help. If one of the buttons is being pressed continually by the case or if buttons are misaligned it could cause this issue.
yeah i’ve taken them both apart 4 times completely after the fact

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
What do you mean by "popped the back"? You damaged the back? Some pics would be helpful
Sponsored