First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have remote start I have the regular key but I want to make a copy of it but just the metal part so I can keep it in my pocket while surfing. I have a spare key from the dealership that came with car. Does anyone know how I could take it apart? Or if I remove the battery and keep in shorts would it work later on when I put the battery back in.
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I don't have remote start I have the regular key but I want to make a copy of it but just the metal part so I can keep it in my pocket while surfing. I have a spare key from the dealership that came with car. Does anyone know how I could take it apart? Or if I remove the battery and keep in shorts would it work later on when I put the battery back in.
The metal part of the key is attached to the front half of the plastic shell and isn't removable.

If you just want a key without any remote that can open the door, any auto locksmith can make one.

karskarsyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla model 3
Country flag
Keep your eyes on it, man, if you add a small GPS to your car key ring early, it won't be so troublesome.
Sponsored