Key fob replacement

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
Hi,

I lost one of my keyfob (keyless access with remote start). My car is 16' EX-L sedan. Where can I get a replacement for decent price other than dealer?
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt you can get one anywhere else. The dealer has to program the fob to your car and that takes equipment only Honda has.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
^This.

The fob itself is not very expensive to replace. Getting it to work with your car is the costly part, because only the dealership can do it.

OP
OP

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
I got a quote for 197 for getting a new one from my dealer. Does this sound right?

OP
OP

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've paid $300 for a non-smart key replacement fob, so relative to me that sounds like a steal.[/QUOTE
I'm gonna call them again to make sure that is including labor. Cause they might charge me 197 for the key and some amount for labor.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
some locksmiths can program the new fob too. call around and ask

OP
OP

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
some locksmiths can program the new fob too. call around and ask
I have the key with remote start so I'm not so sure that locksmiths can program it. But thanks for the suggestion.

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
As he handed it to me, my salesman told me not to lose it because it is a $600 keyfob. So I am thinking if I have $1,200 in keyfobs the actual car is even more of a bargain than I thought... Hope your actual cost is much less, ltmikepowell.

OP
OP

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As he handed it to me, my salesman told me not to lose it because it is a $600 keyfob. So I am thinking if I have $1,200 in keyfobs the actual car is even more of a bargain than I thought... Hope your actual cost is much less, ltmikepowell.
I'm looking for it until that I'm certain that I will not find it, cause I dont want to spend so much money for a small key fob like that.

OP
OP

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I got quoted 275 (197 for the fob, 75 for labor) at Norm Reeves Cerritos..I think I just gonna bite the bullet cause my key has remote start so that I got to make sure that the key work properly.

Edit: got the wrong price. I was at dealer and it was 69 bucks for the fob, 37 for the metal key + labor. So my total come out to be 191 bucks

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
^ On the page I posted, someone said it worked with push button start.
Sponsored