Key Fob lost somewhere in the car

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Hello,

I have a key fob lost somewhere inside of my 2016 Civic. I read a post about someone with the same problem who found the Fob in the rails under the seat. Unfortunately for me when I looked there I didn’t find it. Anyone have any ideas? I really don’t want o pay for a new Fob and programming when I know there is a key/fob somewhere in the cabin.

I know because I could start the car with my other key/fob in the house using the hidden(from me fob) that lives somewhere inside the cabin.

I’m open to anything at this point, I’ve looked with a flashlight several times with no success, and tried using a coat hanger in the seat rails.
Disconnect battery, unbolt & unplug drivers seat, remove seat. Check for that mysterious hole under the seat that seems to suck things in. Repeat with passenger seat if necessary, only way to really know if it's hiding under there, shouldn't take more than a hour or so.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually the 27won is on the key to my girl's Golf R. Up to 4” of snow coming today so ?‍♂ The key for my Civic has a PRL flight tag. Helps me keep them separate from hers and helps me identify the two of them quickly ?
C20BA5F6-E70D-495E-9DC4-7B0284BF64EA.jpeg
The one that I have on my wife's key fob is "But Did You Die" ...

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive been made fun of for having a lanyard on all my keys, but in situations like this its worth it.
Yeah ... they wanna laugh and pick on ya ... until it works!

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I had this happen to me once. Couldn't find the key anywheres. Then I took it to one of those places that cleans the car inside and out for you. They found the key and I had a nice clean car after. Win win lol