Key fob - How/Where do you store yours?

prince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
For now, my keyfob is in my front pocket. I generally never put anything in my back pockets. Wallet and phone in front pockets only. Anything more feels bulky and uncomfortable. I've been having a hard time finding a key chain that I can attach to my pants belt where I can conceal the car key behind my belt. How do you carry your car key?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine stays in my front right pocket, where I've put any car key.

OP
OP
prince

prince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I've been wanting to get some kind of solution to hold my car key behind my belt and forget about it. I never need to use it so why keep it handy? The car automatically unlocks when I stand in front of the door and before exiting the car I can lock all the doors. Any hands-off solutions are welcome :)

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I have a small Dodger lanyard/bottle opener that I have it on which I attach to my purse

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I've been wanting to get some kind of solution to hold my car key behind my belt and forget about it. I never need to use it so why keep it handy? The car automatically unlocks when I stand in front of the door and before exiting the car I can lock all the doors. Any hands-off solutions are welcome :)
I know this doesn't really hide it BEHIND your belt, but I hook mine through a caribiner Keychain attached to my right front belt loop so it falls near my right pocket and I just tuck it in the pocket. This allows me to leave my house keys locked securely in the car and I carry my car key like that all day... Out of sight, out of mind.

OP
OP
prince

prince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I know this doesn't really hide it BEHIND your belt, but I hook mine through a caribiner Keychain attached to my right front belt loop so it falls near my right pocket and I just tuck it in the pocket. This allows me to leave my house keys locked securely in the car and I carry my car key like that all day... Out of sight, out of mind.
That's awesome. In all my research, I've found the caribiner keychain to be my closest solution. Thanks for sharing. On another note, I've heard of several people that leave their house keys and even their wallet locked inside the car to only get the car stolen. I've never been a fan of this and even though it's a slim chance of happening, if it does, the thief now has access to your house because your address is on the insurance card in your glove compartment o_O

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lanyard around my neck

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
That's awesome. In all my research, I've found the caribiner keychain to be my closest solution. Thanks for sharing. On another note, I've heard of several people that leave their house keys and even their wallet locked inside the car to only get the car stolen. I've never been a fan of this and even though it's a slim chance of happening, if it does, the thief now has access to your house because your address is on the insurance card in your glove compartment o_O
I should clarify I suppose that my job is such that I am outside and usually no more than 100 feet from my car all day long so this isn't really an issue for me.

Besides, I feel sorry for the fool who walks into my house and wakes my 130lb king shepherd named "Zeus".

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
i use the very tiny pocket on the right side of most jeans. my wallet is always in the main front right side pocket, phone in left. The little pocket on the right is perfect for the keyfob. i have the car set to auto lock when i walk away. the key goes in my pocket in the morning each day and i dont remove it until night.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I was thinking of implanting it under my skin somewhere but couldn't really find a good spot. Until I figure it out I'll keep the key fob in my right coat pocket. This works until it warms up enough to not wear a jacket for about three weeks in the summer and then I carry my keys in my lunchbox or my right jeans pocket.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think some of the more uptight people on this forum have it shoved where the sun doesn't shine...

I won't call 'em out, but you know who they are ;) lol

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I think some of the more uptight people on this forum have it shoved where the sun doesn't shine...

I won't call 'em out, but you know who they are ;) lol
If you won't I will... fuckin DX2000. Probably has it so far up his ass he'll be starting a new thread wanting to know how to unlock the door.
Sponsored