Kept the CTR and bought a REAL American muscle car too!

OP
OP
d15b7

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
Glad you understand muscle, and kept both.
thanks man! that's how I look at it too; the Type R is sort of JDM FWD muscle. the two cars sit side by side and they are sort of complimentary to each other; the best of the FWD chassis engineering vs the best of the RWD chassis engineering. I can't ever see myself selling the CTR I enjoy it too much. and sort of the same for the ZL1 1LE. theres not much like it out there (either car)
Sponsored

OP
OP
d15b7

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm drooling from several places :-D
650lb ft of torque or 650nM?
lb ft baby! at anything over 2k rpm when you dip into the throttle it leaps ahead. zero hesitation it just goes. that's the personality from a large displacement supercharged engine. the CTR is lively; this thing is monstrous. I'd throw the keys to my CTR to any one of my friends and not be worried. I wouldn't do that with the ZLE; it's too much and too easy to get into big trouble fast. in an eyeblink it's into triple digits man

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
haha no worries! I didn't want to be stepping on anyone else's toes in the CTR community!

ya my EG is a special car to me. over the years it and I have been through a lot. I used to race it wheel to wheel for many years (back with EMRA and then as a Honda Challenge H1 car). now it's mostly a Time Attack and hill climb car (with the big turbo heat management is really an issue and long runs aren't something it likes to do lol). it's a handful to drive compared to the ZLE, that's for sure. the clip below was at the Ultimate Track Car Challenge time attack in 2019; it's the fastest that it's ever gone at VIR full track. 2:01.9 sec lap. and it was having major overheating issues (it was 90 + out that day) so I had the power turned down to wastegate (about 440-450 whp) and was short shifting it everywhere. also was having issues with the front suspension deflecting (I think that's cured now hopefully after rebuilding everything over the winter).

this is what it looks like from the drivers seat: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmUHWCpbUJmArDc6VlFjH6wsdnTN?e=TTJveH

for reference, the there is a guy who owns a ZLE in the Mid Atlantic who is of high skill level and does Time Trials with it. bone stock (tires brake pads engine everything) he did a 1:58.9 lap with his. that is ASTRONOMICALLY fast in a stock car!!! he's modded his some now and is down in the 1:56.x range on Hoosier A7s and brake pads and bigger wing (but still stock power).

I believe that now that I have the front suspension sorted out and a much better ducting system for the intercooler and radiator, that I have a shot at a 1:58.x in the EG. maybe. we'll see later this year I guess!

that just shows you how freaking amazing the stock ZLE is
Love it, seems like the steering is fighting you a lot there, the beast is trying to kill you lol.

You should upload your stuff to YouTube if you have a bunch.

OP
OP
d15b7

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
HOLY :love: i didn't know they came in that color!!
i know i know lol! when I went to see it in person I was trying to play it cool (to try to get the best deal you know?) but I was like OMG I have to have this !!! it was that color. I'd never seen that color (the dealer told me it is ultra rare; he thinks maybe 8 of them? IDK about that but it's not common thats for certain). the majority that I see online seem to be white or black or silver or red or blue (typical 'racy' colors for a musclecar). but damn I fell in love with the Rally Green Metallic the instant i saw it too!!!

OP
OP
d15b7

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Love it, seems like the steering is fighting you a lot there, the beast is trying to kill you lol.

You should upload your stuff to YouTube if you have a bunch.
I probably should set something up on YT you're right!

ok here's another from 2019 in the EG. it was from Jefferson Ciruit long course in WV. the PHA hillclimb association rented out the track and we did timetrials on it all weekend. out of like close to 100 cars mine was the second fastest production car with doors (there were a few Sports racers and formula cars running too). the only car faster than me was a FD RX7 with a LS3 conversion and full aero monster tires etc. the EG was running well that weekend (but still had the front suspension issues and I was being careful and only running 450 whp cause it was warm out). it was a freaking HANDFUL trying to keep it on course !!!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmUHWCpbUJmArEH3MsY637DZ_vZS?e=9FlXc3

AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
I want one.
We have heaps of rwd V8 beemers and merc coupes, but no muscle cars as such as our roads are bends and the country is too small for any substantial straight line speeds.
The closest thing we have to a car like that in the UK is a ford mustang.

Last edited:

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
i know i know lol! when I went to see it in person I was trying to play it cool (to try to get the best deal you know?) but I was like OMG I have to have this !!! it was that color. I'd never seen that color (the dealer told me it is ultra rare; he thinks maybe 8 of them? IDK about that but it's not common thats for certain). the majority that I see online seem to be white or black or silver or red or blue (typical 'racy' colors for a musclecar). but damn I fell in love with the Rally Green Metallic the instant i saw it too!!!
thats freaking dope bro!! congrats! shes a keeper!! :respect:

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Great choice! I totally agree with you, I have a 13' Boss 302 Laguna Seca that is setup for track use too and it is a great change of pace without a doubt! Variety is great!! Congratulations on your new ZL-1 1LE!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Kept the CTR and bought a REAL American muscle car too! F4490213-FB05-4B1F-A638-D70223AEF03F

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Very nice, what a beast :headbang:

I had a 2017 ZL1 prior to trading it for my Z06. Mine had the optional Krypton Green paint and it was always crackin necks. This was my first taste of the LT4 and I have to say, Chevy got me hooked :yes:

Honda Civic 10th gen Kept the CTR and bought a REAL American muscle car too! or46pDKm

Honda Civic 10th gen Kept the CTR and bought a REAL American muscle car too! Z6D8DMsm

Honda Civic 10th gen Kept the CTR and bought a REAL American muscle car too! cx7eQ5bm

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I probably should set something up on YT you're right!

ok here's another from 2019 in the EG. it was from Jefferson Ciruit long course in WV. the PHA hillclimb association rented out the track and we did timetrials on it all weekend. out of like close to 100 cars mine was the second fastest production car with doors (there were a few Sports racers and formula cars running too). the only car faster than me was a FD RX7 with a LS3 conversion and full aero monster tires etc. the EG was running well that weekend (but still had the front suspension issues and I was being careful and only running 450 whp cause it was warm out). it was a freaking HANDFUL trying to keep it on course !!!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmUHWCpbUJmArEH3MsY637DZ_vZS?e=9FlXc3
What is the weight? I imagine the RX7 was more of a power build compared to yours, I mean 450 whp is nothing to scoff at nonetheless.

I want to eventually get a second Civic for this exact purpose, completely stripped and just a modified monster chasing time trials.

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
Nice. Enjoy. Same route as a youtuber, TORQ. He first went with a RR type R and then a black ZL1 I believe.

OP
OP
d15b7

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great choice! I totally agree with you, I have a 13' Boss 302 Laguna Seca that is setup for track use too and it is a great change of pace without a doubt! Variety is great!! Congratulations on your new ZL-1 1LE!!
F4490213-FB05-4B1F-A638-D70223AEF03F.png
oh boy that is a beautiful car man! the LS Boss is the best of it's breed. looks fantastic!