First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2018 EXT coupe. Really like it a lot but have not done any mods, so far. I have recently wanted a 2020 Si (blue) for the HP's, stronger engine internals, Honda Sensing, LSD, LED headlights, less chrome\more black, adaptive dampers, and it'd be 2 years newer. I am interested in getting a Ktuner. Should I go for the Si, or keep my EXT (and the extra $5000 I'd need to put down on the Si to keep payments the same)? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 EXT coupe. Really like it a lot but have not done any mods, so far. I have recently wanted a 2020 Si (blue) for the HP's, stronger engine internals, Honda Sensing, LSD, LED headlights, less chrome\more black, adaptive dampers, and it'd be 2 years newer. I am interested in getting a Ktuner. Should I go for the Si, or keep my EXT (and the extra $5000 I'd need to put down on the Si to keep payments the same)? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
For now, I'd keep the '18 coupe and get a KTuner. It will really wake up your ride. If you're still not happy, get that Si and use the KTuner for that car.

But hey, I'm not you. :cool:

OP
OP
kimtyson

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For now, I'd keep the '18 coupe and get a KTuner. It will really wake up your ride. If you're still not happy, get that Si and use the KTuner for that car.

But hey, I'm not you. :cool:
I can use the same Ktuner on the Si? I'd need a new TSP Stage 1 map, though. Correct?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went from a 2016 EX-T to a 2019 Si and have been overall happy with the upgrades. Just depends what you want from the car. For me, I wanted to mod without having to worry about the CVT (along with other issues I had with the car). EX-T was also modded.

I was able to use my Hondata programmer from my 2016 on the new 2019. I ended up buying TSP Stage 1 for it.

I made the trade in without a loss and managed to get my car payments lower than what they were with my previous EX-T.

My suggestion, get a tune for your EX-T, and if you're still not satisfied, consider upgrading to an Si only if it's financially reasonable.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can use the same Ktuner on the Si? I'd need a new TSP Stage 1 map, though. Correct?
Of course you can. Just unlock it when/if you sell your car.

You can also use the base tunes that come built in to KTuner. As far as TSP, yeah, there are two different Stage 1 tunes (Si, non-Si).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to throw this out there to folks wanting to upgrade to an Si. Don't get me wrong, the Si is a great car. But if people are still making payments on their EX-T, give a base tune a try. It totally transforms the car and is generally safe. Throw on some grippy tires and you'll have a helluva ride.

Of course if money is no issue than yeah, trade for an Si asap.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Depends what you use your car for. I'm older now and don't ever race or track my car anymore so for me the little bit of pep in the EX-T is fine. A tune, black grille, and LED headlights can be had for much less than the cost of the Si, and for my needs that would sufficiently close the gap. Just my take.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
I'm in a similar situation as you, but I'm leasing my hatch. My hatch is fun with a tune, but I might end up with an SI for my next car. The adjustable suspension, stronger motor internals, sport seats, and LSD are drawing me towards the SI. There's other cars in the running from other manufacturers, but the SI is a great bang for the buck package.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I've been Si shopping and now isn't a great time to buy. I did find an incoming car at $2100 off MSRP but a lot of dealers aren't dealing and supply is extremely limited. Not one car on a lot within like 70 miles which is unheard of around here. We are heading into a recession not out of one, and supply should return to normal soon. Honda may even raise incentives in August or Sept, my prediction.

My Sport has 85k miles and doesn't even have CarPlay so it's a more significant upgrade than yours, so I'd wait for now if you can, at least a couple months.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
OP buy the Si? Personally I would wait and see what the 2021 Civic brings. In the mean time KTuner sounds like a great idea.
Sponsored