First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R (FK8)
Country flag
Looks legit
Did you upgrade the shifter bushings also?

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Just completed the install. Most of the time was spent remembering how to take out the interior again haha. It'll take about 3 hours total if you use the Hybrid Racing install guide for the panel removing steps plus the CAE english instruction manual.

Out with the old....

cae-install-3.jpg

Probably the hardest part...cutting the cables exactly 12mm from the joint connector. I used painters tape to mark where to cut and busted out my dremel w/ metal wheel and grinder wheel to bur the edges after cutting. If you ever part out the car and want to go back to stock they include a retrofit kit so you don't have to panic thinking it's permanent.

cae-install-1.jpg

cae-install-5.jpg

At this point you're instructed to calibrate the shifter to make sure it runs through the gears smoothly. There's several pins that you can adjust to change the left to right movement so it can go into gear with ease. Once that's done it truly feels like a new car running through every gear like butter.

cae-install-4.jpg

cae-install-2.jpg

cae-install-6.jpg

Thoughts after the install are....I'm surprised it looks pretty good with the boot like that. It's a thic boi shaft so you'll have to custom a ring if you want to make it look more oem. I got a few ideas on how to present the shift boot area but I'm in no rush after seeing the final results. Oh and yes that's a reverse lock out.

If you're all about the rare high quality stuff then this should be on your list of mods. Even if I was on a budget I'd honestly save up just to get this shifter as the one thing it has over the competition is that you're able to calibrate gears 1-2 and 5-6 (3-4 is just straight up and down so yeah no calibration needed). Throws are even shorter compared to the Hybrid Racing one.

I realized that when I had the Hybrid Racing shifter in...I just assumed I couldn't go straight into 5th...or 6th. Granted you'd really have no reason to do that unless you were coasting downhill in neutral and wanted to get back into a higher gear haha.

But yeah with the CAE shifter I'm able to throw it into any gear from neutral. Just makes you think that something is not right with how the shifter cables are positioned on the Hybrid Racing one. Not sure on Acuity having the same issue as I never sampled one.
What's up man.
I'm glad you went with CAE shifter, it was my next mod to get but had to put more money down on the house closing cost -_-
I bet with the new seat and CAE shifter you don't ever wanna get out of the car lol

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Just completed the install. Most of the time was spent remembering how to take out the interior again haha. It'll take about 3 hours total if you use the Hybrid Racing install guide for the panel removing steps plus the CAE english instruction manual.

Out with the old....

cae-install-3.jpg

Probably the hardest part...cutting the cables exactly 12mm from the joint connector. I used painters tape to mark where to cut and busted out my dremel w/ metal wheel and grinder wheel to bur the edges after cutting. If you ever part out the car and want to go back to stock they include a retrofit kit so you don't have to panic thinking it's permanent.

cae-install-1.jpg

cae-install-5.jpg

At this point you're instructed to calibrate the shifter to make sure it runs through the gears smoothly. There's several pins that you can adjust to change the left to right movement so it can go into gear with ease. Once that's done it truly feels like a new car running through every gear like butter.

cae-install-4.jpg

cae-install-2.jpg

cae-install-6.jpg

Thoughts after the install are....I'm surprised it looks pretty good with the boot like that. It's a thic boi shaft so you'll have to custom a ring if you want to make it look more oem. I got a few ideas on how to present the shift boot area but I'm in no rush after seeing the final results. Oh and yes that's a reverse lock out.

If you're all about the rare high quality stuff then this should be on your list of mods. Even if I was on a budget I'd honestly save up just to get this shifter as the one thing it has over the competition is that you're able to calibrate gears 1-2 and 5-6 (3-4 is just straight up and down so yeah no calibration needed). Throws are even shorter compared to the Hybrid Racing one.

I realized that when I had the Hybrid Racing shifter in...I just assumed I couldn't go straight into 5th...or 6th. Granted you'd really have no reason to do that unless you were coasting downhill in neutral and wanted to get back into a higher gear haha.

But yeah with the CAE shifter I'm able to throw it into any gear from neutral. Just makes you think that something is not right with how the shifter cables are positioned on the Hybrid Racing one. Not sure on Acuity having the same issue as I never sampled one.
Did the CAE shifter require any trimming of the interior pieces?

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks legit
Did you upgrade the shifter bushings also?
Not yet. I do have an upgraded bushing kit I need to install though.

What's up man.
I'm glad you went with CAE shifter, it was my next mod to get but had to put more money down on the house closing cost -_-
I bet with the new seat and CAE shifter you don't ever wanna get out of the car lol
Congrats on the house! I have a hard time not finding an excuse to go out and drive even during these weird times we live in. I'm more excited to complete the power mods and get back on the track.

Did the CAE shifter require any trimming of the interior pieces?
It did. Just a super minor piece you trim/file down. You don't see it from the outside and it doesn't alter anything structurally.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am planning on going out to California October for the Vtecclub event

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am planning on going out to California October for the Vtecclub event
Oooo! My plan is to have the car finished by end of August and attend as well. I'm just worried it's going to be super packed....that means traffic af. uggghhh haha

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
beautiful. youre like one of few people in the world that installed/got the CAE shifter.
been following installation process for awhile and good to see you're brave enough to chop those shifter cables and it working well.

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
beautiful. youre like one of few people in the world that installed/got the CAE shifter.
been following installation process for awhile and good to see you're brave enough to chop those shifter cables and it working well.
I like to live dangerously. ? :p Thanks for the props!

got that.. what an awesome feeling shifter!! I need to calibrate 1st and second a little better but man... the precision ?
Nice! I spent a good couple minutes making sure it was calibrated just right. At least you only have to remove the boot panel to get to the adjustment screws. Enjoy it!

TypeknaR

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R (FK8)
Country flag
I like to live dangerously. ? :p Thanks for the props!

Nice! I spent a good couple minutes making sure it was calibrated just right. At least you only have to remove the boot panel to get to the adjustment screws. Enjoy it!
yup I just popped that sucker off and I can adjust it just fine... It’s money now.. thanks for the post and review

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02195

Hondata fuel kit is installed thanks to Art of Attack! Was a pleasure to meet with the staff and co-owner Angel. Extremely clean and well kept shop. Spacious as well! I'll definitely be back. Thanks to Hayden (red ctr) for bringing me to pick up my car.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
DSC02195.jpg

Hondata fuel kit is installed thanks to Art of Attack! Was a pleasure to meet with the staff and co-owner Angel. Extremely clean and well kept shop. Spacious as well! I'll definitely be back. Thanks to Hayden (red ctr) for bringing me to pick up my car.
Who you planning on going with to tune your car?

USMC.E5k

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The day has arrived! Biggest exterior changes yet for the TYPAAHH! Spoon front and rear cf lip versions & Voltex Type 2v wing. Also picked up the jdm Honda Access fogs and new replacement emblems for the front. Next on the list is to finally install all the motor mods I have laying around in boxes and get it tuned.

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00966.jpg
You have the cleanest CTR! Love the choices you made on it.