Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My order for the ASM Recaro RS-G seat arrived! Made sure to also get the ASM branded accessories: side and back protector and belt guide/protector. The seat fits me snug (5'8" at 155 lbs). I probably could stand to lose another 8 pounds and it'd fit perfect but it's fine for now. Haha. Brackets and sliders are from Bride, it's the FO kit if anyone is wondering.

Airbag canceler from Bride as well, 2.2 ohm version. Easy install just a pain to remove all the push clips holding the wires under the oem seat. Overall I'm super happy with how it's looking in the car. No plans for a passenger swap since I'm just focusing on driver mods in prep for tracking again later this year.

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC01978

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC01976

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC01983

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC01979

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC01986

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC01980

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
My order for the ASM Recaro RS-G seat arrived! Made sure to also get the ASM branded accessories: side and back protector and belt guide/protector. The seat fits me snug (5'8" at 155 lbs). I probably could stand to lose another 8 pounds and it'd fit perfect but it's fine for now. Haha. Brackets and sliders are from Bride, it's the FO kit if anyone is wondering.

Airbag canceler from Bride as well, 2.2 ohm version. Easy install just a pain to remove all the push clips holding the wires under the oem seat. Overall I'm super happy with how it's looking in the car. No plans for a passenger swap since I'm just focusing on driver mods in prep for tracking again later this year.

DSC01976.jpg
Got any pictures of how you mounted the seat belt receptacle is mounted? Assuming it's wedged between the center console and the seat? Or did you get an extender to go through the lap belt holes in the seat?

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got any pictures of how you mounted the seat belt receptacle is mounted? Assuming it's wedged between the center console and the seat? Or did you get an extender to go through the lap belt holes in the seat?
It's just mounted in the normal spot. The bride bracket/slider has a mounting hole and hardware for it.

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02063
Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02068
Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02066

Drove to work to shoot a client's car for one of our brands at TSW. It's a 27 miles drive I'm happy to do but I didn't have anything else lined up so I headed back home...figured might as well pull over for a quick shoot of the ctr.

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Interior updates: Sweidit reupholstered door cards. Its got the red stitching on the lower arm rest area as well as the red Alcantara strip above. I busted out the HFP floor mats to see how it'd all tie together if I ever want to flex with the door open. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02094
Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02105

Now onto what I believe is the best mod any car can have (if they make it for the vehicle) CAE Ultra Shifter....

I had one in my Abarth back in the day and it seriously was the greatest mod to the car I did. I've driven in other cars that have one as well and they all have the same top quality feel and ultra short throws. This one is the upgraded anodized black/red combo and I'll be swapping out the knob later one once I get the proper adapter. It's threaded m12x1.75 if anyone needs to know as this information is hard to come by when googling for it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02111
Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC02112

TypeknaR

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R (FK8)
Country flag
Interior updates: Sweidit reupholstered door cards. Its got the red stitching on the lower arm rest area as well as the red Alcantara strip above. I busted out the HFP floor mats to see how it'd all tie together if I ever want to flex with the door open. ?

DSC02094.jpg
DSC02105.jpg

Now onto what I believe is the best mod any car can have (if they make it for the vehicle) CAE Ultra Shifter....

I had one in my Abarth back in the day and it seriously was the greatest mod to the car I did. I've driven in other cars that have one as well and they all have the same top quality feel and ultra short throws. This one is the upgraded anodized black/red combo and I'll be swapping out the knob later one once I get the proper adapter. It's threaded m12x1.75 if anyone needs to know as this information is hard to come by when googling for it.

DSC02111.jpg
DSC02112.jpg
I’m in the market for a shifter and just ran into this Brand... POV Video of you going through the gears?

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m in the market for a shifter and just ran into this Brand... POV Video of you going through the gears?
They have a channel on youtube showing different setups and honestly what makes their shifters so great is that it's consistent in feel. You basically know what to expect once you've shifted with one and it's hard not to want one in every car you own...if they make it for it hahaha.

Please please report back on the shifter !!!
Will do!

Reactions: Tmy

TypeknaR

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R (FK8)
Country flag
They have a channel on youtube showing different setups and honestly what makes their shifters so great is that it's consistent in feel. You basically know what to expect once you've shifted with one and it's hard not to want one in every car you own...if they make it for it hahaha.

Will do!
Watching some videos now... I’m seeing people talk about the amount of work that goes into installing one of these.. would you say besides cutting the cables, everything lined up to the OEM okay?

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just completed the install. Most of the time was spent remembering how to take out the interior again haha. It'll take about 3 hours total if you use the Hybrid Racing install guide for the panel removing steps plus the CAE english instruction manual.

Out with the old....

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build cae-install-3

Probably the hardest part...cutting the cables exactly 12mm from the joint connector. I used painters tape to mark where to cut and busted out my dremel w/ metal wheel and grinder wheel to bur the edges after cutting. If you ever part out the car and want to go back to stock they include a retrofit kit so you don't have to panic thinking it's permanent.

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build cae-install-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build cae-install-5

At this point you're instructed to calibrate the shifter to make sure it runs through the gears smoothly. There's several pins that you can adjust to change the left to right movement so it can go into gear with ease. Once that's done it truly feels like a new car running through every gear like butter.

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build cae-install-4

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build cae-install-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build cae-install-6

Thoughts after the install are....I'm surprised it looks pretty good with the boot like that. It's a thic boi shaft so you'll have to custom a ring if you want to make it look more oem. I got a few ideas on how to present the shift boot area but I'm in no rush after seeing the final results. Oh and yes that's a reverse lock out.

If you're all about the rare high quality stuff then this should be on your list of mods. Even if I was on a budget I'd honestly save up just to get this shifter as the one thing it has over the competition is that you're able to calibrate gears 1-2 and 5-6 (3-4 is just straight up and down so yeah no calibration needed). Throws are even shorter compared to the Hybrid Racing one.

I realized that when I had the Hybrid Racing shifter in...I just assumed I couldn't go straight into 5th...or 6th. Granted you'd really have no reason to do that unless you were coasting downhill in neutral and wanted to get back into a higher gear haha.

But yeah with the CAE shifter I'm able to throw it into any gear from neutral. Just makes you think that something is not right with how the shifter cables are positioned on the Hybrid Racing one. Not sure on Acuity having the same issue as I never sampled one.