First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted to do this upgrade. I hear it more padding to help with the bigger guys to be more comfy. also i guess you can keep the heated seats, but on their website it says you can add ventilated seats. Has anyone done this?
Sponsored

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I have not added vented seats, but the katzkin I had installed has been fantastic. Best upgrade to my civic so far.

OP
OP

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not added vented seats, but the katzkin I had installed has been fantastic. Best upgrade to my civic so far.
which did you pick? do you have any pics of your interior of your car? I cant wait to have mine done. I love the car but on long rides my body is stiff. Im not fat fat but im not skinny and i need more padding. Do you feel it gives more padding over OEM?

OP
OP

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've also started adding sound insulation.

If you can I recommend getting leather on the armrests.
It comes with vinyl there by default, which is still a big upgrade from the terrible cloth. But the leather feels nicer.

MVIMG_20200126_101346.jpg

MVIMG_20200126_101402.jpg

View attachment 196070

MVIMG_20200126_101353.jpg
OMG that looks amazing. This is my next upgrade for sure! thanks for the pictures!

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Looks great.

Can you buy this online anywhere, or is it only a supply and fit kinda deal? It looks that way on their website but I'd love to order a set and fit myself.

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Can you buy this online anywhere, or is it only a supply and fit kinda deal? It looks that way on their website but I'd love to order a set and fit myself.
In general you order direct from Katzkin and they ship it to one of their preferred installers. Sometimes you can find sets on eBay and go the DIY route. However, I would not recommend this unless you have experience dealing with automotive upholstery. Why spend good money on the leather only to botch the install?

I had mine done back in February, and I am quite happy with it. I got the premium leather. Out the door the total cost was right at 2K. I think the breakdown was about $1200 for the leather and $800 for the install. This price will vary depending on the install cost in your area. Also, you get a warranty with the install, which you won't get if you go the DIY route...

Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather IMG-1345

Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather IMG-1348

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did this upgrade since 2018 Sept, i go with premium leather route.. it is good quality amd fitment is 100%.
Definitely looks better than cloth or vinyl but i wouldnt do it for comfort.
The seats arent more comforty.. your seats is literally same seat just with different skin.. no extra padding or cushion so dont expect it will become more comfortable.
And actually the seat will be less comfortable in cold winter. Because it is leather, in winter the leather is very cold and take awhile for seat warmer to warm up. I am in canada, half of the year my butt got freezed in the morning and i hate it. It takes at least 5mins to get the seats warm up. My rear seats have no warmer so my kids are suffering even longer

If i can turn the clock back, i will not do this "upgrade" and save myself 2g.
It is purely for blink blink factor..amd thats all.
If anyone interested in my katskin, i will even consider selling it and return to stock cloth.

Last edited:

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I've installed Katzkin prior to picking up the car from the dealership. They had it to Katzkin shop and my cost was 1,200$. I went with all black with light colored stitching. Absolutely worth moneys I've paid and can certainly recommend it. I've got 50K on it now and leather is still in a great shape "(daily driver, I'm 190lbs/ 6' 1" so not the lightest person). There's a little 2" long wear mark on the edge of the side bolster but it's barely noticeable. I've posted pictures of the interior couple of years ago so you can look it up. Anyhow, I think you should get it if you're into leather interiors.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
In general you order direct from Katzkin and they ship it to one of their preferred installers. Sometimes you can find sets on eBay and go the DIY route. However, I would not recommend this unless you have experience dealing with automotive upholstery. Why spend good money on the leather only to botch the install?

I had mine done back in February, and I am quite happy with it. I got the premium leather. Out the door the total cost was right at 2K. I think the breakdown was about $1200 for the leather and $800 for the install. This price will vary depending on the install cost in your area. Also, you get a warranty with the install, which you won't get if you go the DIY route...

IMG-1345.jpg

IMG-1348.jpg
Thanks for the info. I'll check out ebay and see if anything comes up.
Fitting wouldn't be a problem, I've done it lots in the past so I'd prefer to save the installation cost and do it myself. :)