Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Do the airbags still work with the Katzkin? Will it void any warranty?
Sponsored

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the airbags still work with the Katzkin? Will it void any warranty?
Airbags still guaranteed to work and have a 3year/36k mile warranty. This is one of the reasons why they dont sell the kits to non-dealers. They want to ensure they are being installed by qualified personnel to ensure all the safety features stay intact.

erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Has anyone done this to a SI sedan? Also are there any other brands to consider?

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Copied my post from another thread. Local Dealer had done a SI sedan and regular sedan.

Ahhh... That's where my car is getting done at as well once I pic the Si up ;) Patti is awesome!.. I ordered some pretty bad ass custom leather seats for my set up from them and I was quoted $1745 for Barracuda leather, carbon wings and embracery along with some other nice touches:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see how it turns out! Since ASC has some really good people working there.. post up the pic's once you get it back:headbang:
Definitely! Yeah I saw a SI at Honda of El Cajon that got done and that gave me the idea to approach the dealer about getting Katzkin in the WOP Sport 6 speed I had been wanting that had the beige interior but I was waiting for an all black. Adding the Katzkin was a win win...got a great deal on the car, the leather will be nicer and easier to clean for the times my dogs are in the car as we all know the cloth is a dog hair/lint magnet.

Here are 3 pics of the SI I saw (wish I could get those front seats in the hatchback so comfy) and the last pic is direct from ASC of a Beige/black interior they did in a Civic Sedan.

IMG_27781.jpg IMG_27801.jpg IMG_27811.jpg IMG_201511.jpg

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Great pics guys, looks great! So does the Katzkin leather make the seat bottom more comfortable? My cloth seat is a little hard.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Katzkin is nice in terms of leather quality (compared to the OEM leather in the Civic) however the leather doesn't really fit onto the seats really tight like OEM. As seen in the photos, the leather is loose and sags in some places. Not really that big of an issue but it bothers me more than it should.

Katzkin is nice for those with cloth seats because its the best option that is available. If i had my Civic with cloth seats, I think I would go for a light cream/near white leather interior. I always felt that white interiors look good on blue cars.

Katzkin is not just a seat cover. They actually remove the cloth from the original seats and reupholster with their leather.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Katzkin is nice in terms of leather quality (compared to the OEM leather in the Civic) however the leather doesn't really fit onto the seats really tight like OEM. As seen in the photos, the leather is loose and sags in some places. Not really that big of an issue but it bothers me more than it should.

Katzkin is nice for those with cloth seats because its the best option that is available. If i had my Civic with cloth seats, I think I would go for a light cream/near white leather interior. I always felt that white interiors look good on blue cars.

Katzkin is not just a seat cover. They actually remove the cloth from the original seats and reupholster with their leather.
Not quite sure what you mean by "sags"? Its a complete upholstery replacement and mine is pretty snug/tight which should get tighter once it "bakes" a little.

As for light colors, yeah they look good but I'm paranoid about denim transfer/stains from my dogs so easy classic black for me haha.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather IMG_0740.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather IMG_0741.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather IMG_0742.PNG
Not quite sure what you mean by "sags"? Its a complete upholstery replacement and mine is pretty snug/tight which should get tighter once it "bakes" a little.

As for light colors, yeah they look good but I'm paranoid about denim transfer/stains from my dogs so easy classic black for me haha.
It doesn't necessarily sag but some parts look loose.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_0740.PNG
IMG_0741.PNG
IMG_0742.PNG

It doesn't necessarily sag but some parts look loose.
Ah that makes sense and see what you're referring to. Doesnt look tight and has a wrinkle look too it. Hmm I'll keep on eye on it and see if it gets better with age. Installer said it should...this week will be pretty warm in the mid 90's so maybe that'll do something.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah...still weird how my center console doesnt have stitching...but whatever not the end of the world.

Thanks for posting the templates and that suede turned out great =)

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah...still weird how my center console doesnt have stitching...but whatever not the end of the world.
From the looks of the templates they are suppose to have the stitching on them... and if you also look at the templates for the coupe .. they have additional sticking like the OEM on the side pieces of the center console as well .... hmmmm:hmm:

trooshot

First Name
Darren Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Where can I get it done for 1200 in socal?
Sponsored