Katzkin installed in 2018 Si Sedan

geoldr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf R, 2018 Si Sedan, 91 Miata
Country flag
Hey guys

I picked up a new Si on the 12'th, and had the katzkin leather seats installed.

I'm in the CA Bay Area, and had Coach automotive do the work. Out the door $1400, a little more expensive than some guys posted, but seems like a realistic price for what they did.

They did:
- front seats, retained the airbag (with the little SRS tag) & heated seats.
- Center arm rest - no stitching here. They said they used to do stitching on the center armrest, but it was too tight and would cause issues down the road with it wearing out prematurely
- Replaced all cloth on the front doors with leather & stitching
- Replaced rear door trim by the window button with leather.
- Embroidered Si logo into front seats.

Overall, it took them 3 days from dropping the car off at 8am on Wednesday, and picking up on a Friday around 5:30pm.

IMO, it looks great, and feels great - just smells pretty strong, but it should air out.

If anybody is on the fence, I suggest going to the shop that will do your work and ask to see some of the cars they are working on to see how well they do it. I'm sure every place is different.

Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin installed in 2018 Si Sedan photo_2018-10-22_13-34-20
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin installed in 2018 Si Sedan photo_2018-10-22_13-34-21
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin installed in 2018 Si Sedan photo_2018-10-22_13-34-23
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin installed in 2018 Si Sedan photo_2018-10-22_13-39-13

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looks nice ;) ... I love mine as well:thumbsup:

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Looks great!

fynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
Looks nice...I just reached out to them for a quote. Thanks for sharing.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Do the seat warms still get just as hot?

JeffHfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan
Hello - I'm considering the same for my new 2019 Si sedan. Wondering if the leather option you chose was the Tuscany (Ink color) or the standard black automotive? And is it the same leather type throughout or mixed? I'm considering perforated on the two strips on the two bottom cushion strips and up the back surrounding the middle. I have no experience with Katzskin. How has it held up in the last year?

OP
OP

geoldr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf R, 2018 Si Sedan, 91 Miata
Country flag
Hello - I'm considering the same for my new 2019 Si sedan. Wondering if the leather option you chose was the Tuscany (Ink color) or the standard black automotive? And is it the same leather type throughout or mixed? I'm considering perforated on the two strips on the two bottom cushion strips and up the back surrounding the middle. I have no experience with Katzskin. How has it held up in the last year?
I'm not exactly sure of the color. I only have this photo:
https://imgur.com/a/yWssREY

I talked to the sales guy, and the cost for perforated vs not was the same. I chose not perforated, because part of the reason I chose to get leather was for cleaning. If something gets spilled on the perforated seats, it's a PITA to clean.

I had the seats installed in October, and to this day the car smells new and the seats look exactly the same.

Very happy with the product!

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys

I picked up a new Si on the 12'th, and had the katzkin leather seats installed.

I'm in the CA Bay Area, and had Coach automotive do the work. Out the door $1400, a little more expensive than some guys posted, but seems like a realistic price for what they did.

They did:
- front seats, retained the airbag (with the little SRS tag) & heated seats.
- Center arm rest - no stitching here. They said they used to do stitching on the center armrest, but it was too tight and would cause issues down the road with it wearing out prematurely
- Replaced all cloth on the front doors with leather & stitching
- Replaced rear door trim by the window button with leather.
- Embroidered Si logo into front seats.

Overall, it took them 3 days from dropping the car off at 8am on Wednesday, and picking up on a Friday around 5:30pm.

IMO, it looks great, and feels great - just smells pretty strong, but it should air out.

If anybody is on the fence, I suggest going to the shop that will do your work and ask to see some of the cars they are working on to see how well they do it. I'm sure every place is different.

photo_2018-10-22_13-34-20.jpg
photo_2018-10-22_13-34-21.jpg
photo_2018-10-22_13-34-23.jpg
photo_2018-10-22_13-39-13.jpg
Straight up sexy. Great choice to go all black with the red stitching and SI.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I have a question. If I get the katzkin installed and later found some rattling issue in the interior panel say a door will dealer fix it in warranty or will they charge as I did custom work on my interior?

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Does Katzkin not replace the rear door panels with leather? I'm getting mine installed in three weeks.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a question. If I get the katzkin installed and later found some rattling issue in the interior panel say a door will dealer fix it in warranty or will they charge as I did custom work on my interior?
It sould be the same as any other mod. If they can prove the mod caused the failure. They can choose to deny warranty.
Sponsored