WallyWorld89

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1010 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
After reading through this thread and the HID vs LED thread I was really on the fence about which way to go to replace the halogens on my Si Coupe; I like the output and focus of the HID's but I didn't like the extra wiring and hardware needed to install them correctly.

Si@Vegas was kind enough to meet up with me for a few minutes last night so I could check out his car (great looking ride!) and he demonstrated each bulb (low, high and fog) and explained why he chose what he chose (this guy is awesome!).

After grilling him for info and seeing the output and color of his lights I have now added the exact same setup he has to my amazon shopping cart; bonus - I can replace all of my lights for less than the HID low beams.
Low Beam:
KATANA H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs,CREE Chips 12000Lm 5090Lux 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit,360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle

High Beam:
TECHMAX Mini 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs,60W 10000Lm 4700Lux 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heatsink Base CREE Chips HB3 Conversion Kit(of 2)

FOG:
TECHMAX Mini H11 LED Headlight Bulbs,60W 10000Lm 4700Lux 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heatsink Base CREE Chips H8 H9 Conversion Kit(of 2)

Lastly, I know there are going to be some comments about how HIDs are better etc and I will just say this now to those that are going to say it; yep, you are right, I agree 100%. That being said, my eyes are still good enough to see just fine with these and they fit my budget and it's for MY car (not something everyone else is using), so if you don't like it then don't look at my car and focus on YOUR fancy headlights instead. ;)
Pictures of the set up? Just put the katana in my 2020 civic for the low beams, would love to see how the highs look
Sponsored

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX hatchback (2019), Pilot (2016)
Country flag
A quick update as I’m just over a year in and they’re still rocking and just as bright as day 1, so for $50 you definitely get your monies worth
same here
Not quite a year but close and same here. No problems at all.
Not sure if it's been a year, but I love mine from the driver point of view, but I'm thinking of going back to the halogen. I still get flashed. Could be from living in rural Maryland with lots of hills, dips, and curves.

If I aim them any lower, I might as well take them out and just run with the fog lights.

Anyone else still get flashed after adjusting the aim them?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if it's been a year, but I love mine from the driver point of view, but I'm thinking of going back to the halogen. I still get flashed. Could be from living in rural Maryland with lots of hills, dips, and curves.

If I aim them any lower, I might as well take them out and just run with the fog lights.

I very rarely get flashed from oncoming cars anymore. There's so many cars now that have LEDs or HIDs that my lights don't stand out - and that's fine with me. I wanted these for clarity and performance not for show anyway. Funny, I still see a few Civics with the halogens and they look really weak i.e. dim. I don't know how they can see anything beyond the next car at night.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Nope never get flashed and I have the same brand of leds in my lifted truck projector headlights and I have no issues plus I don’t care

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I very rarely get flashed from oncoming cars anymore. There's so many cars now that have LEDs or HIDs that my lights don't stand out - and that's fine with me. I wanted these for clarity and performance not for show anyway. Funny, I still see a few Civics with the halogens and they look really weak i.e. dim. I don't know how they can see anything beyond the next car at night.
Agreed.

Nope never get flashed and I have the same brand of leds in my lifted truck projector headlights and I have no issues plus I don’t care
I'm not going to rush to undo the LEDs...especially since I would have to re-aim them which I can't do at home (sloped driveway). I wonder if it's just the "sensitive" lot that is flashing.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed.

I'm not going to rush to undo the LEDs...especially since I would have to re-aim them which I can't do at home (sloped driveway). I wonder if it's just the "sensitive" lot that is flashing.
probably the old people tbh my dad use to complain if i would follow him until i let him drive both of my vehicles at night and now he wants leds in a projector housing lmao

SmokeTacos

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Question: Do these Katana LED Bulbs fit a 2020 Civic EX hatchback?

I've searched and looks like my car takes an 'H11b' for the low-beams, but the LEDs I linked are just 'H11'; Not sure what the difference is.

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I've searched and looks like my car takes an 'H11b' for the low-beams, but the LEDs I linked are just 'H11'; Not sure what the difference is.

From https://www.xenonpro.com/headlight-...and,work for an H11B headlight and vice versa.

H11 (sometimes referred to H11 type A) and H11B are frequently confused as being equivalent but are in fact different due to their plug and the design of their respective headlight assemblies. H11 has the plug pins nested while the H11B has the pigs bare. As such, an H11 will not work for an H11B headlight and vice versa.

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 7.30.02 AM

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Your bulbs are H11 and the Katanas will fit fine.

anthonylifts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LXP
Country flag
A quick update as I’m just over a year in and they’re still rocking and just as bright as day 1, so for $50 you definitely get your monies worth
I purchased them about a year ago and one went out and the other began to dim, no clue why, had to install the factory bulbs again

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Country flag
Just installed this list of bulbs in my '19. Looking good in the garage, haven't had a chance to drive in the dark; they arrived today and installed today.
If anyone else gets the listed low beam LEDs that can be clocked, be sure that they the set screw is fully tight. I got the first one in and as I'm trying to lock it in place it just kept turning. Eventually I had to get pliers to grab and turn the bulb to remove it. Second one was tight, and went in fine. Tightened the first one and got it no problem.

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
Thanks for this thread. Just ordered the Katana Low & Fogs & will stick w/ stock Hi-beams since I rarely use them.

Also grabbed a pack of those LEDs for the interior.

All 3 for $89 shipped after clicking a few Amazon coupon check boxes in the cart. Hard to beat that for safety & clarity.

Plus the most triumphant look being same as DRLs is an excellent aesthetic upgrade - yellow halogens next to the bright DRLs have looked pretty bogus to me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review bill-and-ted-excellent-air-guitar
Sponsored