Katana LED H11 Headlight Review

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag
I believe too if someone wants to run the H11 for fogs in low beam it would work fine, but i'd imagine the brightness wouldn't be the same as the $48 version since they're both H11 bulbs. The biggest thing is that from what I can tell the new "mini designs" are brand new, as in I didn't even see them for sale a week ago on amazon, whereas the low beam old design is the true tested one that we have tons of results from. The upside to the new design is there's no driver box to mount, the fans are quieter, and the bulb is smaller. That said, I'm pretty sure the original version will be more durable when it comes to constant use as a low beam.
That's odd. Ive had the two smaller form factor leds in my reserved order list for over two weeks and Amazon shows they were available in June 2019. Anywho, I totally agree with using the larger form factor h11 as low beams. More heat sink is better for longer term use plus they output more lumens. I heard the smaller form factor fitment is better for the hi beams. Any feedback on that?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That's odd. Ive had the two smaller form factor leds in my reserved order list for over two weeks. Anywho, I totally agree with using the larger form factor h11 as low beams. More heat sink is better for longer term use plus they output more lumens. I heard the smaller form factor fitment is better for the hi beams. Any feedback on that?
Yes smaller form is an easier fit on the high beams, which is why i had been shopping for a smaller form for my high beams. There's not really a lot of room on the passenger side to work with so not having the driver box was a plus for high beam install since they are then true plug and play.

blackdiamond

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatchie
Country flag
Has anyone installed the lows and the fogs together, using the same bulb? I see that people choose a different option for the fogs, is it that they do not want to blind other drivers? Like so many new trucks and SUV's do to me.... I was thinking of buying two sets of these and install them for both low/fog. Or is it not possible, and if someone already did explain your findings.

KATANA H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs,CREE Chips 12000Lm 5090Lux 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit,360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I haven’t done it because the fogs are reflector and general advice is don’t do led in a reflector. Ppl like me have done highbeam beams because you’re also not supposed to have high beams on around other drivers so no harm no foul

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone installed the lows and the fogs together, using the same bulb? I see that people choose a different option for the fogs, is it that they do not want to blind other drivers? Like so many new trucks and SUV's do to me.... I was thinking of buying two sets of these and install them for both low/fog. Or is it not possible, and if someone already did explain your findings.

KATANA H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs,CREE Chips 12000Lm 5090Lux 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit,360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle
In prior posts on this thread, at least one other member did leds on low, hi and fog. One even provided pics. :) I agree with arsh88 and the general consensus (plenty of online research is available for you) is not to do leds on reflector type housings as they don't tend to do as well as projector type housing. However, my plan is to do all three but use the smaller form factor leds for hi and fog with the larger form factor for the lows. If I buy now, It'll cost me just under $118 for a set of three. However, I'm a cheap bastage and waiting for Black Friday.

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I disgaree.
I just put a set of Katana LEDs in my low beams, and Nineo 9005 HB3 (full size) in myhigh beams.
I like the Katana bulbs, but the Nineo high beams are WAY more output then I expected.
If you want the absolute MOST light in your high beams, get the Nineo 9005 HB3's.
I live in an area with a lot of critters (deer, etc), and I want the best high beams I can get.
These blew me away! Beam projects way, way out there.
Heck of a deal as well, at only $50.
Quite a bit of room behind the high beams on the LX, but crowded with drivers now.

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
In prior posts on this thread, at least one other member did leds on low, hi and fog. One even provided pics. :) I agree with arsh88 and the general consensus (plenty of online research is available for you) is not to do leds on reflector type housings as they don't tend to do as well as projector type housing. However, my plan is to do all three but use the smaller form factor leds for hi and fog with the larger form factor for the lows. If I buy now, It'll cost me just under $118 for a set of three. However, I'm a cheap bastage and waiting for Black Friday.
I didn't even think about waiting till black friday. Good idea. This advice is also relevant to me right now as I am strongly considering buying yellow led fogs. Would a 50W led be able to work where a 35w halogen was before (the stock fog light bulb)

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't even think about waiting till black friday. Good idea. This advice is also relevant to me right now as I am strongly considering buying yellow led fogs. Would a 50W led be able to work where a 35w halogen was before (the stock fog light bulb)
I dont know. However a previous poster on this thread did provide info on their yellow led fogs. He has a pic as well.

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Katanas with low beams on and off]
Looking pretty saweet. They really let you know that light baby bay blue armadillo is right in front of you. :D Seriously though, the Katana lows look nice.

anthonylifts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LXP
Country flag
Looking pretty saweet. They really let you know that light baby bay blue armadillo is right in front of you. :D Seriously though, the Katana lows look nice.
Today I noticed another line on top of the cut off line, it’s less bright but it’s noticeable, any idea why?

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Today I noticed another line on top of the cut off line, it’s less bright but it’s noticeable, any idea why?
My first thought was light refraction so I looked at pics posted in this thread. I found one that showed the Katana low leds against a garage door but it doesn't appear to have a second line. Could you post a pic? The pic I am referring to was posted by "haydness" who owns a 2017. Also, do you have any mods to your front?

Tknutson11

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport
Country flag
I just tried to install them on my 18 sport hatch and they seamed to small? Has anyone else had this or am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored