OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Thanks for this thread. Just ordered the Katana Low & Fogs & will stick w/ stock Hi-beams since I rarely use them.

Also grabbed a pack of those LEDs for the interior.

All 3 for $89 shipped after clicking a few Amazon coupon check boxes in the cart. Hard to beat that for safety & clarity.

Plus the most triumphant look being same as DRLs is an excellent aesthetic upgrade - yellow halogens next to the bright DRLs have looked pretty bogus to me.

bill-and-ted-excellent-air-guitar.jpg
granted my driving has gone down but i'm still on my original Katana's. Glad this could help so many people.

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
HELP NEEDED for LOW BEAM MOUNT/BASE:

The driver's side bulb stuck like a MOFO and broke the base on the way out. See pics.

What's the part # for a new base now that the plastic and metal contact for 2 of the 3 tabs is busted?

...or am I screwed and need to get a whole new assembly? ?‍♂?

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review bulb base1

I'm really disappointed as I took a least to most, gentle back & forth approach and thought I removed it properly. The passenger side stuck really also but did come loose eventually. Driver's side base just gave way. Judging by how much the original bulb's red seal was compressed it was in there very tight from production.

White & contact that broke off seen here attached to OEM bulb.
Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review bulb base2

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review bulb base3

I'll gladly start a new thread instead if need be, but figured it apt to this discussion in case it happens to others.

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorta revisiting this thread... I recently bought a new set of LED bulbs off Amazon called Fahren LED H11 bulbs and I'm really satisfied with the update. The Katanas have been great but the fans were getting loud or maybe I just started noticing them more but I saw the Fahrens and they're brighter and quieter than the Katanas. Based on a light meter, the Fahrens are about 25% brighter than the Katanas. No issues with fit and quality seemed really good. They supply the bulbs with extra gaskets, zip ties and double-sided tape to anchor the tiny drivers in the engine bay. Took the hatch out on a short drive and visibility was great. Price: $40 on Amazon.

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm probably not the one who should be asking since I started this whole thread haha, but has anyone used the 10k lumen vs 12k lumen for their low beams? I got that model for my high beams to avoid having to mount a second set of driver boxes when i use my highs about 3x a year, but my low beam fans are getting a bit loud (which is fair they're almost 3 years old). just wondering if i should re-order the OG's or try that lower model to get away from dealing with a driver box this time around.

Last edited:

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorta revisiting this thread... I recently bought a new set of LED bulbs off Amazon called Fahren LED H11 bulbs and I'm really satisfied with the update. The Katanas have been great but the fans were getting loud or maybe I just started noticing them more but I saw the Fahrens and they're brighter and quieter than the Katanas. Based on a light meter, the Fahrens are about 25% brighter than the Katanas. No issues with fit and quality seemed really good. They supply the bulbs with extra gaskets, zip ties and double-sided tape to anchor the tiny drivers in the engine bay. Took the hatch out on a short drive and visibility was great. Price: $40 on Amazon.
any issues with the Fahrens yet? My katana's are getting loud fans which is fair after 3 years, i tried an exact replacement and was sent a used set (back to amazon they go). They've been great but getting used items when the only purchase place is amazon is starting to wear on me.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any issues with the Fahrens yet? My katana's are getting loud fans which is fair after 3 years, i tried an exact replacement and was sent a used set (back to amazon they go). They've been great but getting used items when the only purchase place is amazon is starting to wear on me.
No issues at all. They're working just fine and the fans are noticeably quieter on the Fahrens (to be expected since the fans haven't built up dirt and dust from the engine bay).

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No issues at all. They're working just fine and the fans are noticeably quieter on the Fahrens (to be expected since the fans haven't built up dirt and dust from the engine bay).
I'm probably going to buy these, but could I ask you a question?

Some LED bulbs have reviewers saying that they give off a blue light rather than a white light. Cops are pretty strict in my area about blue tinted headlights. Are these true white?

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm probably going to buy these, but could I ask you a question?

Some LED bulbs have reviewers saying that they give off a blue light rather than a white light. Cops are pretty strict in my area about blue tinted headlights. Are these true white?
I haven't seen many LED's that are blue blue, just some ppl see it as more blue than white. I can't speak to the Fahrens but i know ppl had that concern with the katana's but they match the DRLs. I will say i picked up some small form Katana's and I'll be testing those for low beams (i have them for high beams). Pricing is similar, I think the Fahren's are probably the "better" buy right now but I just have familiarity with Katana which is why i stuck with getting a new set.

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
How do the Fahrens match up in color with the DRLs?

-------------

I decided to treat myself to the Katana high beams now after all. I like the lows & fogs that much better. Sorry to hear the Katanas will get louder yet in 3 years. Meh. It's easy enough to swap out at least.

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag
Quick Update: Over two years and everything is grand. Low/High/Fog are operating without issue. No change in the fan noise and seems just as bright as brand new. Here's my original post.

Hey all,

I finally installed the Katana LEDs :)

Hi: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8YGVWC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Lo: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078W5WJZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fog: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8Z61J9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the comparison pics. As expected, it is night and day difference. You can barely hear the LED fans with the engine off and cannot hear them with it on.

Comparison-Lo.jpg
View attachment 191972
Comparison-Hi.jpg

Comparison-Lo_Fog.jpg

Stockysi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Quick Update: Over two years and everything is grand. Low/High/Fog are operating without issue. No change in the fan noise and seems just as bright as brand new. Here's my original post.
Still running good with these bulbs? I’ve been seeing mixed reviews all over