Kakimoto Exhaust Systems

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I actually like it. Other's ive heard are abit too loud for me and doesn't suit the car. Im waiting for 3 burnt tip exhaust, with thick tips rather than thin, and ill be all over it.

ThatTypeRDude

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R Touring
I think they all sound good, and have decent looking rolled tips on all the exhaust options. Prices online were
KR 210,000 yen
Regu.06&R 160,000 yen
GT10Z 120,000 yen

so all about the same price as everyone elses. I would really like to know the weight of these exhausts though. One would think the single tip would be lighter than stock but you never know...

Personally I like the sound of the single tip the most. I wish the triple tip sounded like the single tip.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I like the 3 tip design. I'm trying to stay pretty quiet though.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I think they all sound good, and have decent looking rolled tips on all the exhaust options. Prices online were
KR 210,000 yen
Regu.06&R 160,000 yen
GT10Z 120,000 yen

so all about the same price as everyone elses. I would really like to know the weight of these exhausts though. One would think the single tip would be lighter than stock but you never know...

Personally I like the sound of the single tip the most. I wish the triple tip sounded like the single tip.
Using current JPY to USD conversion, that equates to:

KR $1,972
Regu.06&R :$1,502
GT10Z $1,126

IMO the single tip sounds the best, but a single tip in the center looks.....weird.

Joe-G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
Has anyone tried any of these systems yet? Looking for feedback!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=exhaust+tip+burnt

Buy a fancy tip - take it to ANY LOCAL EXHAUST SHOP and tell them you want them to replace your exhaust for off road/SCCA use. Most shops won't give you any trouble and will weld up a custom exhaust for you with any resonator or muffler you want. Will cost you next to nothing compared to the price of these.

I just called a local Meineke and asked how much to weld up a simple straight exhaust coming off the downpipe - he said ballpark $250-350 for materials and time. Add the cost of a muffler or resonator if you want.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
The three-tipper sounds a lot like the Invidia R400 and Greddy HG....deep and throaty. I would wonder how it sounds on overrun and between gear changes...

Thanks a lot for posting these!

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=exhaust+tip+burnt

Buy a fancy tip - take it to ANY LOCAL EXHAUST SHOP and tell them you want them to replace your exhaust for off road/SCCA use. Most shops won't give you any trouble and will weld up a custom exhaust for you with any resonator or muffler you want. Will cost you next to nothing compared to the price of these.

I just called a local Meineke and asked how much to weld up a simple straight exhaust coming off the downpipe - he said ballpark $250-350 for materials and time. Add the cost of a muffler or resonator if you want.
If you want crush-bent mild steel pipes then go for it. Not all of us are cheap but I am reminded that this is a Honda Civic so ghetto mods are more commonplace than usual... Even in such a nice platform as the FK8 which is unfortunate.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
KR 210,000 yen
Regu.06&R 160,000 yen
GT10Z 120,000 yen

I was thinking the exact same thing. Love the single sound, hate the way it looks.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
If you want crush-bent mild steel pipes then go for it. Not all of us are cheap but I am reminded that this is a Honda Civic so ghetto mods are more commonplace than usual... Even in such a nice platform as the FK8 which is unfortunate.
Like Boomba BOV and BPV "upgrades ". No?

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Like Boomba BOV and BPV "upgrades ". No?
What I stated in that thread is I suspect that people get those units for sound, not purely for functionality. Especially since the FK8 has not been around long enough to produce BPV threshold data.

What you want however does not produce the best performance, in fact, it may inhibit performance depending on the diameter of the tubing you choose, how it’s bent, and weld quality. I’ve seen Meineke produce some pretty terrible work with MIG welding. So much material was left inside the tubing that it inhibited efficient flow.

That said, why not spend a few hundred more for a mandrel bent system that fits and provides optimal potential for future upgrades? I think some can be had for $600 or so and you don’t have to hack your stock system. Cheaping out on such a nice car does it no justice.

Lastly, you’ll do what you do so take what I say with a grain of salt. I’ve just never been the type to cheap out on my vehicles once I graduated college and started to make real money.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The stock exhaust is not a point of restriction so i am leaving it in place. Unless someone intends to trim a ton of weight with an upgrade using titanium....even then, there are better places t ok spend that kind of money.
Sponsored