K20C4 head on K20C2

TidalPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
I haven't done much research but i do know this: the K20C series engines have the same head and block with minor differences like direct injection, cams, and having a turbo, etc. But since the heads are practically interchangeable could this be possible. Let me know if anyone can specifics between fitment, such as block and head alignment.

Anyways, I have a 2019 LX Sedan with hubcaps and love this car to death. I don't want to leave it behind and call it garbage. So my plan is to take a 2020 Accord touring head with OEM parts for the accord and putting them in my car. Custom exhaust would most likely be just a combination of my Civic oem and the Accord's oem exhausts, plus a cherry bomb muffler; just for the hell of it. tuning would be the biggest problem. Since I have never done any tuning with boost pressure or anything, I don't know what to do about that. Anyone have any ideas?

It's not the smartest but it's an idea. Please reach out if anyone has anything to say; I am all ears.
Sponsored

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't done much research but i do know this: the K20C series engines have the same head and block with minor differences like direct injection, cams, and having a turbo, etc. But since the heads are practically interchangeable could this be possible. Let me know if anyone can specifics between fitment, such as block and head alignment.

Anyways, I have a 2019 LX Sedan with hubcaps and love this car to death. I don't want to leave it behind and call it garbage. So my plan is to take a 2020 Accord touring head with OEM parts for the accord and putting them in my car. Custom exhaust would most likely be just a combination of my Civic oem and the Accord's oem exhausts, plus a cherry bomb muffler; just for the hell of it. tuning would be the biggest problem. Since I have never done any tuning with boost pressure or anything, I don't know what to do about that. Anyone have any ideas?

It's not the smartest but it's an idea. Please reach out if anyone has anything to say; I am all ears.
I'm not sure the head would bolt up to our engines to be honest. Compare the part numbers between the K20C4 and the K20C2. I know there's an obvious difference between the two heads for the C1 versus the C2 so that leads me to believe that they wouldn't mate up. Even if they did you'd have to figure out a way to have the ECU take advantage of the different cams since the C1 & C4 are done up for boost. I think all the crankshafts are the same across the K20C* models so you might be able to get away with some custom ECU tuning with Motec or something similar.

The K20C2 was designed for NA applications so I would expect a net loss of power if you were able to Frankenstein the heads unless you came up with a creative solution. Personally I'd find a way to increase the compression ratio for the K20C2 with some custom pistons for JE maybe or do up a custom intake manifold with a port and polish.