K20c2 Turbocharger?

king256c

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport coupe
Not finding much info on this… recently got a sport coupe ( I know I f’d up ).. I love the car as a daily but I want it quicker. I’d be happy to get around 200 crank up. I was wondering if a turbo was possible? I heard of a fabricated turbocharger but seems expensive…. Do you guys know of any on the market?
Sponsored

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Most people will tell you to just sell it and get a 1.5t.

OP
OP

king256c

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport coupe
Most people will tell you to just sell it and get a 1.5t.
Yeah I know, and I wish I had the knowledge before… I’m stuck with this car for a few years now so. Looks like I might just start with a tune. I can’t imagine switching intakes doing much, the stock intake on my car seems pretty alright. Maybe think about a downpipe or something

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
You might think you want to boost the NA 2.0, but trust me that you don't. Sorry if you wanted the turbocharged Civic life, but the NA 2.0 isn't going to get you there without a lot of expense, headaches, and heartaches. If you're "stuck" with the car, make the most of it! There are still some things you can do to it such as tune, intake, and exhaust, and of course you can get other modifications for handling and cosmetics. The 2.0 is still a very good motor. It's very dependable, and has fantastic throttle response.

OP
OP

king256c

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport coupe
You might think you want to boost the NA 2.0, but trust me that you don't. Sorry if you wanted the turbocharged Civic life, but the NA 2.0 isn't going to get you there without a lot of expense, headaches, and heartaches. If you're "stuck" with the car, make the most of it! There are still some things you can do to it such as tune, intake, and exhaust, and of course you can get other modifications for handling and cosmetics. The 2.0 is still a very good motor. It's very dependable, and has fantastic throttle response.
I just bought the car a couple months ago, but im financing… I’d trade it in for a SI if I could, but I don’t think that’s a good financial decision, not that I can’t necessarily not afford it, I’d just like to pay off more of this car. Perhaps I’ll keep this as old reliable and tune it and stuff and get a SI or type R in the future….

I’m hoping with a tune and some other modifications I can hit 200hp, with that I’d be happy. Maybe I’ll buy a older SI if I can find a good deal.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard that the non turbo 2.0 cant read psi.
Ktuner nor hondata hasnt put the time to allow turbocharge modification in this platform. Only way to allow that will probably be motec

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Grab yourself a Ktuner. It won't be a massive leap in power but it does gain some, the throttle and vtec engagement adjustments will make for a better feeling drive.

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
Grab yourself a Ktuner. It won't be a massive leap in power but it does gain some, the throttle and vtec engagement adjustments will make for a better feeling drive.
you get 50$ off too if you grab the Ktuner and the DP RV6 with a manual it made it alot more fun

OP
OP

king256c

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport coupe
I heard it’s like a 20ish whp gain, if so that definitely worth it and noticeable on my small coupe.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
What @SmokeGhost said. Or if you're crazy after a few years and the market hasn't stabilized yet, there is the option of a K20C2 swap (that's never been done) from a donor FK8.

Or K20C4 swap:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/aaperformance-k20c4-swap.59900/

Though cross your fingers that there are manual 10th gen Accords in supply.

Here some inspiration for others, though it's a different platform: https://s3mag.com/st-swap-focus-sedan/

I will acknowledge that the above scenarios make no fiscal sense. After all that effort, at the end of the day, it'll be a 10th gen Civic Coupe. Sometimes it's easier to wish it was still 2000 and Supras were not six-figure cars.

Just my $0.02.

OP
OP

king256c

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport coupe
Unpopular opinion. Keep it stock, save up or pay it down faster and hope by then the market corrects and buy what you want with your goals in mind.
Yeah I should, probably the smartest move financially.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the only guy that did it that was or is on here paid like 2500 for everything except the tune.

I heard that the non turbo 2.0 cant read psi.
Ktuner nor hondata hasnt put the time to allow turbocharge modification in this platform. Only way to allow that will probably be motec
c2 ecu can see positive pressure, it has 2 bar map sensor good for like 10 lbs. but maf and iat is primarily used to determine fuel delivery and ignition over map. map just stops the turbo from overboosting. install an scg-1 boost controller with built in afr sensor and all the ecu needs to do is control the fuel and ign. fuel return system may be needed.

OP
OP

king256c

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport coupe
the only guy that did it that was or is on here paid like 2500 for everything except the tune.

c2 ecu can see positive pressure, it has 2 bar map sensor good for like 10 lbs. but maf and iat is primarily used to determine fuel delivery and ignition over map. map just stops the turbo from overboosting. install an scg-1 boost controller with built in afr sensor and all the ecu needs to do is control the fuel and ign. fuel return system may be needed.
So it’s doable for 2500? Don’t u gotta get it fabricated tho?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it’s doable for 2500? Don’t u gotta get it fabricated tho?
around that price depending on who you're buddies with. exhaust manifold and downpipe for turbo has to be custom made, routing of the intake, intercooler, and pipes. oil feed/return, coolant feed/return if the turbo you are choosing is water cooled too. plus tuning. fuel return is definately a project.
Sponsored