XOBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic sport and a spare 8th gen z3, basically was wondering if it would be possible to fit this engine onto the stock trans my car comes with or maybe a bracket.

also how would the ecu work and harness and other components? Would it be possible?
Sponsored

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Well..... to be honest the manual trans may fit if it does idk if, the problem would be which axles to use

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic sport and a spare 8th gen z3, basically was wondering if it would be possible to fit this engine onto the stock trans my car comes with or maybe a bracket.

also how would the ecu work and harness and other components? Would it be possible?
In theory.. basic assumption being best case/easiest scenario (if the block bolts up to the transmission), you'll likely need:
  • The head and/or intake from the C2 bolted onto the z3, to keep the sensors and placements from the driving car the same/unchanged. Easiest solution here.
  • Probably need keep ECU in driving car untouched, add/keep kTuner if desired. Fewest changes needed.
  • Anything else will be much more extensive, time consuming, and likely very costly..

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’re better off swapping a whole k20 (not the k20c’s) into it with trans for the z3. You’ll need all new writing to convert to port injection instead of direct. Intake manifold and exhaust are on opposite sides. It would be a lot of work. Lots of wiring and fabrication but can be done with the right amount of money. They are not the same kind of k series.
Sponsored