jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
IMO the AEM intake isn't really worth like $250 for something that has MAYBE a gain of 2-3 HP at best (which isn't noticeable), The only thing someone gets out of it is sound, which isn't worth over $200 to me personally. Also, I heard it doesn't really do much when your car has a tune and especially a downpipe. All I did was buy a drop in filter from K&N for $45. A short ram intake is probably worse because all it does is suck in hot air, which won't really get much if any gains for your car.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civc ex, vw rat rod
Country flag
IMO the AEM intake isn't really worth like $250 for something that has MAYBE a gain of 2-3 HP at best (which isn't noticeable), The only thing someone gets out of it is sound, which isn't worth over $200 to me personally. Also, I heard it doesn't really do much when your car has a tune and especially a downpipe. All I did was buy a drop in filter from K&N for $45. A short ram intake is probably worse because all it does is suck in hot air, which won't really get much if any gains for your car.
Thats why i was looking at the ramair ill prob just put the factory box back in

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Ok not gonna lie, this is sick! Reminds me of the Dodge Challenger hellcat where they replaced the front light with an air intake. Do you guys know how much gains this is approximated to give?

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
Ok not gonna lie, this is sick! Reminds me of the Dodge Challenger hellcat where they replaced the front light with an air intake. Do you guys know how much gains this is approximated to give?
To dyno ram air, it requires a wind tunnel dyno mostly cost around $6000 for 1 session. Only nascar team, motorcycle company are able to dyno ram air.

I can tell you a 165whp stock 9th civic si, with just ram air, pulley, front pipe (with stock cat), axle back, low temp thermostat & coolant bypass. No flashpro or tune with 91 octane in 105f california summer. We dyno at 198whp

And Kawasaki H2R have dyno by Kawasaki, you gain 12hp from standard intake to the optional ram air

And the butt dyno also is impressive, the gain is very noticeable.

And if you have ktuner or flashpro, the # will not lie. with ram air, the IAT reading are much closer to ambient temp then stock/sri or cai.

And colder the air, it’s denser & it gives you more power.