bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Hello everyone! I have a 2019 Civic sport and just purchased a Ktuner V2. I have a question regarding the K20C2 specifically since all the support is for the Si's and CTR's, and would really appreciate any help. I apologize in advance if there's info out there that I'm oblivious to.

1) Can I change tunes on-the-fly? E.g. if I have a stock tune for slot 1, a stock tune with increased throttle response for tune 2, and a base map and maximum throttle response for tune 3, would I be able to switch between these using the cruise control buttons?

2) Are there any features unavailable on the K20C2 that are offered on other civic trim levels? (other than features related to turbo info/measurements)

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. No.

2. Yes, many. Having no turbo to control levels makes it a pretty basic setup.
Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate your response. I just received my Ktuner today and so far it's a really great difference! However, my knock count has been consistent at 1. Does the K20C2 Ktuner V2 offer a knock count reading or is there something wrong with my car?

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate your response. I just received my Ktuner today and so far it's a really great difference! However, my knock count has been consistent at 1. Does the K20C2 Ktuner V2 offer a knock count reading or is there something wrong with my car?
don’t look at knock count
Pay attention to knock control
You want to stay around 0.49 to 0.60

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
don’t look at knock count
Pay attention to knock control
You want to stay around 0.49 to 0.60
Awesome, thanks for the reply. One more thing, I was looking through software but I couldn’t find the “Rev Hang” adjustment. Is the rev hang automatically deleted or is there no rev hang disabling for the K20C2? I couldn’t tell yesterday because I wasn’t focused on the rev hang.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some ECUs do not have the option yet.
Thank you for the reply. Will there ever be an option for the K20C2's regarding Rev Hang?

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I’m installing my ktuner and trying to set up a new tune …

What is the difference between these two base Maps?

UPDATE; figured it out…
These correspond to the ECU version

An American YouTuber with a K20C2 shows similar values except his had an A instead of a C (… America versus Canada)

My Ktuner:
Honda Civic 10th gen K20C2 KTuner V2 2F40DA5D-25A2-47FB-993F-822C85CC5B05

You find your ECU number by going under the hood and looking down the side of the ECU body… on the engine side. There will be a white sticker. You can shove your camera down there. I had good luck with putting my iPhone on video at half magnification

My ECU
Honda Civic 10th gen K20C2 KTuner V2 F4DB27BE-D3E4-465E-BD76-C2DFC9EAF56F

So it looks like I’ll be choosing the C1X Basemap version, since the C16 is higher than mine above

Incidentally both tune descriptions are the same once you click into each of them…

“VTEC lowered to 5300
Supports up to Intake and Exhaust
Improperly sized intakes may throw off fueling”

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
C1x for sure. The "x" represents 1,2,3,4,5.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
On the MT it is OK to use the newer software, as it was an official Honda update. The issue is with CVTs where they also need the TCU updated or it throws an error code for mismatch. Not an issue since you don't have one.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Newb questions about KTuner + K20C2 engines + MT

VTEC Limit

The default 5300 rpm limit still seems very high...
I want to bring it down to 4000 or somewhere between 4000 and 5300
Any issues or limits with that?

The only issue I can think about (apart from general worse fuel eco. and general wear & tear) is say high-speed autobahn type highway driving at maybe +120km in 6th, where you could be up in that RPM range just due to the gear ratios... I forget, I don't really drive in those circumstances. I could test it and see where the highway 6th gear RPM is and set the threshold just above that.

My normal daily driving RPM peaks I am pretty sure are < 4000... so then when you want to get more spirited, it's a really long way to 5300.

These guys were also asking about this, but the thread died out...
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/adjusting-vtec-on-ktuner.74277/

Econ button

Is there a way to utilize the Econ button to switch between driving modes or other KTuner functionality... on the K20C2? It would be great to be able to have Econ use a factory profile, or a standard Throttle response/padding... and then have a more aggressive throttle setting on the non-Econ mode... or something.

Anyone with K20C2 experience on the following?

- Disable RevHang

- Throttle Response/Padding

... vs. Stock
... vs. a Pedal Commander / SprintBooster
... a combination of the two (KTuner + another product)

Powering the KTuner

I have no luck connecting my V2 via USB to anything (desktop PC, MacBook) etc. Unless I have the FireWire (newer KTuner hardware) cable connected and the car in the 2nd detent position after inserting the key in the ignition (I guess that is "ON" but engine not yet started) - the KTuner will not turn on or Connect in the KTuner software. While I can sit in my car with my laptop and a power cable hanging out the window, it's not ideal - esp. in Canadian winter with monster boots on, sitting twisted in the drivers seat for an hour at a time. I was thinking to get an old iPod charger - that also used 6-pin FireWire connection, and that should power it up. Any reason that would be a ... Bad Idea ? Am I better off trying a powered USB hub or something?

Thanks!

Last edited:

loke

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport 2.0 manual
Country flag
did you ever get any answers to these questions? I am also curious and would like to get an answer.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did you ever get any answers to these questions? I am also curious and would like to get an answer.
VTEC Limit

I brought mine down to 4000, with a 3900 reset

It may not be theoretically optimal from a power curve perspective, but for my real-world driving it works well for me.

Econ button

Is there a way to utilize the Econ button to switch between driving modes or other KTuner functionality...

Answer: NO

Anyone with K20C2 experience on the following?

- Disable RevHang

Have not tried this, it's too much hassle to reflash the ECU...

- Throttle Response/Padding

I ended up using an Ultimate9 evcX throttle controller instead and it is fantastic. Full stop.
Much more control (on the fly) than just two levels in KTuner, which requires full reflash..

I would NOT recommend combining the two, it doesn't seem like a good idea.
Like you can use both products at the same time, just don't tune the throttle in both

Powering the KTuner

I ended up getting an old Firewire-based iPod power adapter off eBay, and this lets me power the KTuner outside of the car.