First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently own a 2017 EX (K20C2) CVT and I’m wondering which intake I should get. Have Ktuner + honeycomb grille. HPS, AEM, K&N etc..? I know an intake won’t grant much HP increase, if any at all but I want something to pair with my grille along with some cool sounds?. Which do you think sounds better? By the way I live in Arizona, 100 degree weather often for the next couple months. Would it be a bad idea?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhosClunk

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just get a drop in high flow filter, all of the intake options for our engines are basically "Hot air intakes" I personally have the injen option. But IATs are increased. Although it sounds great in your weather conditions I would not recommend it.
Would it cause problems down the line? Im not exactly 100% how heat soak works. Is stop and go driving a double whammy? Right now im planning to use it to go to school and work. I’ve had the car since late April and since then honestly I haven’t really noticed a significant power drop when comparing the weather. IATs w/out the honey comb had to have been worse but does adding the intake really put me at the highest risk? I do not want a DP as it’s too loud but at the same time there’s not really anything else I can do to the car lol.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Would it cause problems down the line? Im not exactly 100% how heat soak works. Is stop and go driving a double whammy? Right now im planning to use it to go to school and work. I’ve had the car since late April and since then honestly I haven’t really noticed a significant power drop when comparing the weather. IATs w/out the honey comb had to have been worse but does adding the intake really put me at the highest risk? I do not want a DP as it’s too loud but at the same time there’s not really anything else I can do to the car lol.
I reverted back to my stock air box with PRL pipe and AEM dryflow drop-in filter (1.5t) after using an Injen SRI due to heat soak. The Injen sounds great but performance was not there since it was just being fed with hot air from the engine bay.

OP
OP
WhosClunk

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen K20C2 Intake Options BE4B4379-FC69-4CD6-BE62-AABE4B2A4753

Well I think this came out recently. Looks like it has an actual seal kind of like the stock intake. Has anyone installed it yet?
Sponsored