bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Your welcome and no worries, now just a heads up my boy that did this tuned it and is running NA not sure what else but I know he did the internal swap. (Back years ago he put an EVO X motor in an eclipse). Neither here nor there but it’s a Honda, Honda’s are known for swaps and for doing crazy shit so swap away just please keep me informed on how your build goes. I’m a big Honda person so I like it
I definitely will! I hope to bring actually relevant information and help others learn and bring them along the journey!
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And so what happens when you're getting on throttle at the end of an apex with a fwd? You'll get lift -> understeer -> slower times
with your base car with a type R engine it's likely to be an issue yes, but Honda engineered the type R so this is not an issue...but from there it gets complicated so if you're interested i would suggest you research this subject as it's very interesting how modern day FWD cars (especially the civic type R) have nothing in comon with cars from 10 or 20 years ago (or current ''non performance'' FWD cars) in the way they handle torque steer and understeer. anyways :)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
And so what happens when you're getting on throttle at the end of an apex with a fwd? You'll get lift -> understeer -> slower times
You oversteer into the corner (yes the Type R can rotate), this sets you up to understeer out of the corner for a fast exit. Type R also has the torque vectoring which helps it rotate, though it will eat up your rear brakes.

Edit: Like others have said, driving an FF car fast is different than driving an FR car fast. To be frank, FF and AWD cars tend to be driven with similar styles while FR, MR, and RR cars will share a similar style.

Edit 2: I’ll also note that FF, MR, and RR cars will have the least parasitic power train loss when compared to FR which has less than AWD.

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
9 out of these 11 pages are 1.5T and CTR owners saying why I shouldn't mod my car, why it isn't financially smart (which is an incredibly stupid argument as a car enthusiast), and why I should have gotten another car, and me responding to them. How is that in any way a helpful thread when over 80% of the thread isn't related to my question?
100% car enthusiasts are just that ENTHUSIASTS. No matter If you have the fastest civic in the world or the slowest, a Honda is a Honda I got a CTR because it is my dream car, I live hatches I love what they are about and I love that Honda’s take an ass kicking and keep going. I love when a 1.5T or 2.0NA leaves a V6 or V8 with links cause it’s embarrassing and amusing at the same time. As a Honda/ car enthusiast I don’t hate on your build or your wanting to build. I’ve owned a JDM Teggy Type R and was told “no replacement for displacement” as I left the V8 by 4 cars and laughed as they STFU. Rather your “opinion” comes off as hating or not, don’t shit in his Cheerios, teach OP how to do the swap give him the tools he needs and step back and watch, IF he fails and says “ OH SHIT this was a bad idea” then come back and say I told you. Now if he comes back and says thank you this worked then everyone reading this knows they can also do it and make their little sleeper. Just my .02

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
You oversteer into the corner (yes the Type R can rotate), this sets you up to understeer out of the corner for a fast exit. Type R also has the torque vectoring which helps it rotate, though it will eat up your rear brakes.

Edit: Like others have said, driving an FF car fast is different than driving an FR car fast. To be frank, FF and AWD cars tend to be driven with similar styles while FR, MR, and RR cars will share a similar style.

Edit 2: I’ll also note that FF, MR, and RR cars will have the least parasitic power train loss when compared to FR which has less than AWD.
Nah FWD can't oversteer and RWD can't understeer. It's simple bro science dude.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well you can definitely get understeer in rwd cars and oversteer in fwd cars
It was sarcasm my dude! Rest easy. I know from personal experience crashing a RWD that you can DEFINITELY understeer haha.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like how everyone who subscribes to the "I wasn't hating" view missed the point of me explaining how a boosted mustang for 45k is better than a stock CTR if you want to be fast.
I.E. if you wanted to be fast (for a comparable price), and you got ANY civic you got the wrong car
I.E. if you wanted to have fun (for a comparable price), choosing ANY civic will get you the right car.

Somehow I get more hate for saying a base NA MT 2.0 is fun - or trying to make it fun- but when the dude with a 1.5T EXT with a CVT says his car is fun, you're a hater for saying otherwise...

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
100% car enthusiasts are just that ENTHUSIASTS. No matter If you have the fastest civic in the world or the slowest, a Honda is a Honda I got a CTR because it is my dream car, I live hatches I love what they are about and I love that Honda’s take an ass kicking and keep going. I love when a 1.5T or 2.0NA leaves a V6 or V8 with links cause it’s embarrassing and amusing at the same time. As a Honda/ car enthusiast I don’t hate on your build or your wanting to build. I’ve owned a JDM Teggy Type R and was told “no replacement for displacement” as I left the V8 by 4 cars and laughed as they STFU. Rather your “opinion” comes off as hating or not, don’t shit in his Cheerios, teach OP how to do the swap give him the tools he needs and step back and watch, IF he fails and says “ OH SHIT this was a bad idea” then come back and say I told you. Now if he comes back and says thank you this worked then everyone reading this knows they can also do it and make their little sleeper. Just my .02
Thats exactly the point. I acknowledge that whatever happens will happen. If it doesn't work out, I accept and I won't say anything when people say "I told you so". I'm making MY car, under MY rules, with what I want because its MY money and MY passion. I welcome POSITIVE contributions to this thread. I want to bring you guys along on my journey but so far I'm having to waste my time explaining why I want to make my car the way I want rather than actually learning more about how I can do it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow I get more hate for saying a base NA MT 2.0 is fun - or trying to make it fun- but when the dude with a 1.5T EXT with a CVT says his car is fun, you're a hater for saying otherwise...
I was one of the early community members going back to 2015. No one really says that the 2.0 NA MT isn't a nice little combo. It has sort of that old school Honda feel. A bit underpowered and low on torque, but wring it out and it's fun. Trust me, the CVT gets tons more hate.

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
I'm rooting for you despite the negativity. I'd like to see something that hasn't been done before.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Let's get back to the perceived "negativity". Sure from the OP's point of view those "non-helpful" posts belong to "haters". But I don't think anyone is actually hating on the guy or what he's trying to do.

The main reason he's not getting the detailed, concrete, specific answers he's wanting is that few of us have the answers.

I'm pretty sure all of us would be interested to read about his build and progress. But he's kind of going to have to be a bit of a pioneer here.

One other thing. Earlier Mike mentioned how it was ridiculous for auto enthusiasts to suggest that budget should play a part in car related modding. The fact is, I consider myself a car enthusiast even though I don't earn much and have bills to pay. I think you can actually be a car enthusiast on a budget.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let's get back to the perceived "negativity". Sure from the OP's point of view those "non-helpful" posts belong to "haters". But I don't think anyone is actually hating on the guy or what he's trying to do.

The main reason he's not getting the detailed, concrete, specific answers he's wanting is that few of us have the answers.

I'm pretty sure all of us would be interested to read about his build and progress. But he's kind of going to have to be a bit of a pioneer here.
I have no problem being a pioneer, but at the same time it's difficult to be a pioneer when any sort of advice you seek is quashed and drowned in a sea of people saying "you got the wrong car".

We just don't need to hear it anymore. Anyone who owns a 2.0 NA has either traded it in for an Si, or kept it because they would rather have the NA. Every thread ever about the 2.0 NA is hijacked by 1.5T owners telling us "shoulda gotten an si".
We really don't care, we'd rather you help us with our goal, or be quiet and string along for the ride.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.