First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In fact, now that my car looks fast (cause she do looks fast AF LOL) everything and anything on the street wants to try me and i quickly realized that even a ford F150 is faster than a base civic these days ? :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
for sure man, these new turbo engines you can't hear them they overhang like crazy and there's basically nothing sporty about them when compared to older honda/acura sports cars of the day but you gotta give them that they frkn PULL like nothing honda put togheter before...there's no way the base K engine is hanging around even with a grandma in a stock CVT touring model...even with a tune a bolt on.
apparently even the cvt sports with the 1.5s make like 190 wheel on dynos ?

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So the Civic Sport Sedan is your dream car, but the SI and Type R aren't good enough to meet your incredibly high standards as a street racer. Got it now.

Have you considered a Spoon engine with a T66 turbo, NOS and a MoTeC system exhaust for your build?
I know it doesn't make sense, there's just something I love about my car as irrational as it sounds.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah they pull...for real, a 1.5T CVT is faster than a Gen 9 Si.
I heard somewhere that Honda underestimated the numbers so it wouldn't compete with the 10th Si

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I heard somewhere that Honda underestimated the numbers so it wouldn't compete with the 10th Si
Yo stooooop my guy.

You think Honda gives a fuck about selling Si's when they sell 20 EX's and LX's to every one Si? Fuck outta here.

We gotta be getting trolled by a 14 year old or something guys.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know it doesn't make sense, there's just something I love about my car as irrational as it sounds.
yeah, i like the looks of mine, the way it sounds, it's handling and braking performance, the aftermarket support for visual mods etc. but certainly not the way it ''mildly push me in the seat'' when i floor it, and for me IT'S OKAY like that because that way you don't get speed tickets, you don't break down or prematurely wear down your car etc.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yo stooooop my guy.

You think Honda gives a fuck about selling Si's when they sell 20 EX's and LX's to every one Si? Fuck outta here.

We gotta be getting trolled by a 14 year old or something guys.
That's what I heard, don't hate on the messenger, I never made that assumption, only relayed it. I've seen dynos of stock EXT's making 190-195 wheel...

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah, i like the looks of mine, the way it sounds, it's handling and braking performance, the aftermarket support for visual mods etc. but certainly not the way it ''mildly push me in the seat'' when i floor it, and for me IT'S OKAY like that because that way you don't get speed tickets, you don't break down or prematurely wear down your car etc.
Exactly, all those reasons. It's also kinda special to own a car that is the last remnant of *REAL* VTEC. The Si is way too aggressive of a look for me, and the CTR looks like if a 5 year old was able to design a car....

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Exactly, all those reasons. It's also kinda special to own a car that is the last remnant of *REAL* VTEC. The Si is way too aggressive of a look for me, and the CTR looks like if a 5 year old was able to design a car....
The Si and R are too aggressive and immature looking for a guy with underglows and 5% tint. In-fucking-credible.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Si and R are too aggressive and immature looking for a guy with underglows and 5% tint. In-fucking-credible.
The underglow is almost never on, and the 5% tint is because I live in Texas and the average temp is 100+. Done out of necessity and privacy, not because I think it looks cool. The underglow is because I've wanted that since I was like 12 LOL

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
because there isnt a big enough aftermarket support for it.

this isnt anything new. People been wanting to make power on R18s for the longest time and was told to "just get a Si"

While they should have bought an SI, it was also on the R18 folks too. They begged Hondata and co. to release a tuning solution for them. They released it almost no one bought one.

Shockingly, people who can't or choose not to afford a performance model, can't or won't spend money on modding them... Generally speaking of course. I sure a handful did take advantage of tuning, but a handful doesn't cover the cost of the R&D on the parts.

OP: I can believe you beat a poorly driven SI, but you are not beating a well driven one.

You can always take it to the strip and let us know what it runs (ET and trap) As others have said.

Edit: OP- When someone buys the cheapest version of a car (basically) and then claims they want to mod it to hell, people are going to call B.S. because it is B.S. 99.x percent of the time. And I am not talking about your friend who bought a stripper Mustang GT to mod.

You bought a non "performance" version of the Civic while there are arguably three performance models above it (5D Sport, SI, and CTR). Getting 300+WHP on a CTR is a gimme. Getting 300+WHP out of a 1.5T is just a drop in turbo away. 300WHP on your car? Who knows, but I know it won't be cheap. And as it currently stands, you are going to need to go full stand alone which is big money for such a cheap platform.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While they should have bought an SI, it was also on the R18 folks too. They begged Hondata and co. to release a tuning solution for them. They released it almost no one bought one.

Shockingly, people who can't or choose not to afford a performance model, can't or won't spend money on modding them... Generally speaking of course. I sure a handful did take advantage of tuning, but a handful doesn't cover the cost of the R&D on the parts.

OP: I can believe you beat a poorly driven SI, but you are not beating a well driven one.

You can always take it to the strip and let us know what it runs (ET and trap) As others have said.
I'll be taking it to the track once I get a dyno tune, because I too actually want to see what I make and my times, not just spewing BS like others do about "oh my car makes an extra 70whp from my intake and tune".
I'm here to contribute to the experience, not have an ego trip about a base model car being able to have half a car on an si

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not just spewing BS like others do about "oh my car makes an extra 70whp from my intake and tune".
see that's the thing...the cars with the 1.5T can indeed add around 70 HP with just a tune and a few mods...but also some of them blew up, some of them will blow up soon...and then some more months after that...and so on. ;)

With a turbo you can add boost, and they have flex fuel kits to run E85 etc...you can easily push it, and blow it, and rebuilt it...etc :p

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
That's what I heard, don't hate on the messenger, I never made that assumption, only relayed it. I've seen dynos of stock EXT's making 190-195 wheel...
I think you should quit saying things like this here.. No one has any reason to believe you unless you post numbers..

I've heard a lot of things, doesn't mean you should go around blindly repeating them. It makes you look terrible and people will stop wanting to help you.

Get us some numbers otherwise, as I see it, your car is slower.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.