BB2TypeR

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Honda Prelude Type R Build
Country flag
Love the support here instead of people saying: "why not just buy a type r" haha!.
Exactly this. Im beyond appreciative to have people on board with this build ! I cant wait to mention everyone who's helping in future build update posts on here and social media !
Sponsored

OP
OP
BB2TypeR

BB2TypeR

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Measurements are in!! I wouldn’t say these are 100% perfect since some parts are hard to get a perfect measurement for so give or take an inch
AA38150C-5DC0-4350-A03E-99423B9AF242.png
Not a problem. I cant thank you enough for taking the time to whip out the Measuring Tape !!!
So far it's definitely looking possible ;)

Will continue to update on here when I gather more info and have some more plans set out !

OP
OP
BB2TypeR

BB2TypeR

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright, little bit of an update.

Engine size is looking to be no issue at all. To be quite honest, there will be very little i have to move as far as frame rails, firewall and rad support go. Good thing I have one of the largest engine bays Honda made ! haha

The biggest issue i see is the strut tower distances. It seems as though the coils on the CTR sit much more straight (up and down), so the top of the towers on the Lude will have to be reconstructed with the CTR strut tower tops if i continue to try to implement the CTR suspension set up.

Ive also officially decided were going even further with the build, and I will likely be retrofitting the dash components into the Prelude dash. Everything from Cluster to Infotainment will be fitted in, and the goal is to make it look as factory as possible. Thoughts?

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Hey Everyone!

My name is Nick and I am the proud owner of a 92 Prelude! I know I know, not an X, BUT hear me out!

A good friend Thusee (on this forum) has persuaded me to finally get rid of the old technology from the 90's and move on to the new great platforms you all get to experience now. With that being said, those of you who are knowledgable with the Type R engines, and the new tech in general will be key pieces to this build being completed.

Plan: 1992 Honda Prelude, K20c1 swapped. Front Mount FWD. Factory Look. End goal 650+hp.

Ive started a 3D model of my engine bay, and should have it completed within the next few weeks. I was hoping that one of you rockstars out there would be able to provide me with some long-block dimensions. the more precise the better, however even a rough measurement would let me start figuring out what needs to be cut, and what needs to be custom made. Length, total depth w/manifolds, height from Pan to VC, circumference of trans etc. I will accept any and all information regarding engine dimensions. I will even gladly accept engine bay measurements such as distance between shock towers and Rad support to Firewall.

I know there is an EG build going on right now, so I know I can make this work!

Lastly, if there is any info you know (links to threads or other websites even) regarding the new fuel system being utilized in the X engines please let me know ! I will accept anything that will help!

Thanks in advance team! Stay tuned for more on the build process itself ! Shoutout to Thusee (@Thuseefc insta) for the motivation and idea. Lets make this happen!
The Saenz rods are not enough for 650whp. I suggest you at least use boostline rods and at the very least use a css block support. Port is terrible to control on hondata although it can be done but no more than a max of 500whp using port due to the Bosch ecu constraints. At pressure above 26 psi it often can flood momentarily no matter how much you play with the tune. I highly suggest you get the xdi fuel pump and xdi 1600cc iniectors if you plan to go 650whp and adding methanol on top would be a far more cost effective way than buying a motec to be able to control port injection properly. The methanol will give you the last 50whp over the xdi pump and and xdi injectors. However the current biggest turbo that can run on the Bosch ecu is the g25-660 which is a limitation. They have not yet come up with a bigger internally gated turbo that fits in the engine compartment. Only a few people have been able to overcome the electronic wastegate using an external boost controller but you have to fabricate up a spring and stop for the oem wastegate actuator to fool the ecu.
Although it would be really cool to see this done with a k20c1 in a prelude it might be more cost effective to just use a k24.
I like your ambition. If that’s your ultimate goal go for it. It will be a lot of work but I feel being the first is worth it.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
You can get 600hp out of a H22 easily unless you strictly want to do a unique build. Plus you'd have that nice H22 VTEC switchover.

Good luck! :).
Sponsored