K20C1 Camshaft Testing - Unlocking the RPM, sound, and power we all love in a Honda Racing Engine

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
I know I’m just playing
With all due respect for your dedication to this car and contribution to this forum...
Can we reserve the playing for our individual social media accounts?

These comments in a tech heavy thread are distracting.
Thank you and no offense intended.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
With all due respect for your dedication to this car and contribution to this forum...
Can we reserve the playing for our individual social media accounts?

These comments in a tech heavy thread are distracting.
Thank you and no offense intended.
None taken!

But you do have to admit that posting a dyno graph with astronomical power figures and just stating cams is misleading in of itself.

Deleted member 54128

I would know which engine oil "4pistons" prefer? At stock and with much more power? That is very interesting for me.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From FB, he posted e45, 4p head/cam, g30-770 turbo, sleeved engine. Probably more behind the scenes not posted, but that's what came up
motec and port injection are the only main other things

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was hoping to have many sets of cams ready to go by now, but we do not. We are many months behind on our normal K20A based cams and unfortunately gets in the way of production for these. They are produced on the same equipment and our demand doubled this year for those. I hope to have some updates in the next few weeks.

Nivola

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
Question: Is it possible to replace the valve springs on the K20c1 without removing the cylinder head?

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Question: Is it possible to replace the valve springs on the K20c1 without removing the cylinder head?
It is. You supply 100psi compressed air to the cylinder like you would for a leakdown test and make sure the valves are closed on that cylinder. You can then compress the valves with a spring compressor like the universal snap on unit. Its not something I've done for many years but people do this. You need to make sure you don't drop a valve lock down an oil drainback, so have a buddy with a magnet next to you to grab the keepers when you compress the spring.

Nivola

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
It is. You supply 100psi compressed air to the cylinder like you would for a leakdown test and make sure the valves are closed on that cylinder. You can then compress the valves with a spring compressor like the universal snap on unit. Its not something I've done for many years but people do this. You need to make sure you don't drop a valve lock down an oil drainback, so have a buddy with a magnet next to you to grab the keepers when you compress the spring.
Thanks for the quick reply, that was exactly what I wanted to know.

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Camshafts are here, and will be added to website any day now. Probably after we get back from HDAY. TR2 and TR3

Just a heads up, there are limited quantities because I've committed some to engine builds. Not preselling....all done through website.

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag

Deleted member 54128

Thanks for your no answer, not very friendly…
Sponsored