First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone told me building a turbo d series was a waist of money… everyone but I loved building it and it so much more fun then an b series build my friends have done(and gapping people with a sohc is a great feeling) I say stick with the L series and make it a beast u bought an si stand by the si the tsp block is bad ass and will give u piece of mind with reliability and you’ll be killin it with a “lesser motor” just my 2 cents
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming back to this thread for the first time in a long time. After heavy consideration I think this is something I want to do and document on yt. I'm now working with someone who has done the swap before and I'm more serious than ever. Does anyone know where I could get custom cv axles near nj?
What codes were present when gauge control module was lit up light Christmas tree? I’m doing this to my sport, need to add 3 wires to my body to ecu harness connector and I can run the Si ecu. I think oil pressure sensor is on opposite side of block so wire extension is needed there.

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Everyone told me building a turbo d series was a waist of money… everyone but I loved building it and it so much more fun then an b series build my friends have done(and gapping people with a sohc is a great feeling) I say stick with the L series and make it a beast u bought an si stand by the si the tsp block is bad ass and will give u piece of mind with reliability and you’ll be killin it with a “lesser motor” just my 2 cents
I like the idea of an underdog engine but it just makes more sense to swap. The cost and capability of the k series is much more promising.

Kizzie

First Name
Kong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fc1 Sedan
Country flag
I recently got my si tuned by Derek and I brought up the topic of building my engine in the future. He told me that after a certain point “these are the biggest waste of money” and actually recommend a k20c swap instead. I wanted to hear what everyone else’s opinion is on a swap vs building the L15 platform. I hear the swap is pretty straight forward, mostly engine mounts and some wiring. Does anyone know specifically how much work is involved in the swap?
If you got money burning a hole in your pocket do it. Remember tho priorities first
Sponsored