Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Has anyone locked vtec on their exhaust cam? If so, where can I find the pins?
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Not to deflect your original question, but could this not also be accomplished through ECU tuning?

Just thinking by setting an appropriate min/max whatever you could essentially lock your cam into high/low as desired. But I am not sure what say KTuner offers out of the box for your car... presumably Hondata can do something similar.

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So the Si ecu isn't programmed to control vtec. This means that it you will either be locked on the small or large cams. Drob did mention that it could be possible to wire in a window switch for vtec to turn on which could be another option.

Ben775

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s my understanding that the L series crank doesn’t like high rpm’s or aftermarket cams or springs, bad oil galleys bad balance and bad bearing clearance it’s why the si red line is 6500

edit: ah poop wrong thread

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
It’s my understanding that the L series crank doesn’t like high rpm’s or aftermarket cams or springs, bad oil galleys bad balance and bad bearing clearance it’s why the si red line is 6500

edit: ah poop wrong thread
All good. Your understanding is correct. Good thing I won’t be L series for long

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If anyone can confirm the fitment of any k series locking pins that fit the k20c1 or c4 please share.

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen K20C locked cams IMG_0993

For anyone wondering, I could not get confirmed fitment on any existing pins on the market. I had a buddy make a set for me.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

IMG_0993.jpeg

For anyone wondering, I could not get confirmed fitment on any existing pins on the market. I had a buddy make a set for me.
Watched the vid this morning over breakfast man. Good scientific information. Even though it's beyond my scope of practice, it's cool to see pioneers and sharing this with people so if they decide to try this, they have a reference.

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Watched the vid this morning over breakfast man. Good scientific information. Even though it's beyond my scope of practice, it's cool to see pioneers and sharing this with people so if they decide to try this, they have a reference.
This is my first real engine build. A few years ago I couldn't do an oil change. Working on my car gradually built up my skill set over time. At the heart of it, it's all nuts and bolts.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is my first real engine build. A few years ago I couldn't do an oil change. Working on my car gradually built up my skill set over time. At the heart of it, it's all nuts and bolts.
That's inspiring. I can't wait to have my own garage and do those things and not have to rely on others. Even down to a simple oil change and have all the needed tools within arms reach. Hopefully soon! Keep up the good content. I enjoy these kind of projects.

rtypefk8

First Name
rtype
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
Following

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag