K20C AWD Transmission manufacturing has begun!

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as I know nothing at all. They use the same transmission according to my data. But those are the first group in the transmission design we have made already. The second for the FK8 6 Speed Touring Transmission uses a different Gear design. So all the internals are different. MAin and Countershaft are totally different. Even the shift forks are different but they use the same general shape and side of differential in both designs. I know the rear subframes are different between the Sedans and 3Dr designs. I never like the rear Beam suspension design but its cheap and efficient for Honda to make.
Can you confirm if an fk8 transmission bell housing bolt hole pattern is the same as the non r pattern? Will a type r trans bolt up to a non r block?
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I designed a Subframe for the Sedan Accord and Civic already. Just need to know if someone can illustrate for me how much room is there over the top of the rear subframe to the spare tirewell to complete it
If you pm me tomorrow I’ll pull in my civic at the shop put it on a lift and give you pictures with desired measurements.

OP
OP
Awdfk8machinist

Awdfk8machinist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 integra GSR, 93 Civic Hatch,
Country flag
Can you confirm if an fk8 transmission bell housing bolt hole pattern is the same as the non r pattern? Will a type r trans bolt up to a non r block?
It is the same but the Halfshafts are not compatible from my understanding. Completely different design as the bolt in different places. But not to worry I have that transmission coming also. And the L15B7 Design aswell.

OP
OP
Awdfk8machinist

Awdfk8machinist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely will be soon

OP
OP
Awdfk8machinist

Awdfk8machinist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good thing is I think we can achieve this without moving the factory front subframe

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you going to include lsd for front/rear/both?

OP
OP
Awdfk8machinist

Awdfk8machinist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just so everyone is aware this isnt going to be a full transmission being sold. I am pricing the transmission to be in the area of 3200 to 3500 USD and a Transfer Gear Set to be around 1100 USD specifically for you to use your OEM Internals in the new Bell Housing. This cuts down cost and reduces the amount of parts required to get you moving. So the bell housing will work with your factory internals, Your OEM Diff will use our new Transfer Gear to drive the transfer case and you can use an OEM Element or CRV K Series Transfer Case assembly to drive your rear wheels. We wanted to use as much of the OEM internal design as possible all the way down to bearings. The K20C2 transmission uses a 28 Tooth front LSD with a 90mm Differential bearing. The FK8 and Accord Touring transmissions use a 80mm ti bearing with a 30 Spline Differential to my knowledge. All of the internals of your transmissions are based on J Series Transmissions not K Series inspired designs so this means that they use Ridgeline front differentials.

OP
OP
Awdfk8machinist

Awdfk8machinist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What we did was to design in compatibility to use standard K Series parts to create AWD compatibility. This will allow PPG, Graff, and many other parts to be used with our new FK8 Transmission. Without going into too much detail. "Patent Pending" already so not worried. I wanted you to have the best assortment of parts available to use for strengthening your drivetrain.
Sponsored