K tuner worth it one CVT?

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Honestly I got 59mpg on the way home from work the two days that I actually kept out of the boost. Got 44mpg for my first tank down from a normal 49mpg or so because I was testing it out so much. Currently at 44mpg on this second tank and I have been ripping around town but still cruising lightly once up to speed. My wife took it to the corner store the other day and came back like "holy shit you weren't kidding about the car"!

I've taken two loads of lumber 25 miles to home since the tune.
Honda Civic 10th gen K tuner worth it one CVT? nc_oc=AQlibF7E9egO1EZlALFpVe4a6xC0vKWK_Y9lhfZoKWXaeOplAdk0d_jveRTOxm-75WU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Honestly I got 59mpg on the way home from work the two days that I actually kept out of the boost. Got 44mpg for my first tank down from a normal 49mpg or so because I was testing it out so much. Currently at 44mpg on this second tank and I have been ripping around town but still cruising lightly once up to speed. My wife took it to the corner store the other day and came back like "holy shit you weren't kidding about the car"!

I've taken two loads of lumber 25 miles to home since the tune.
nc_oc=AQlibF7E9egO1EZlALFpVe4a6xC0vKWK_Y9lhfZoKWXaeOplAdk0d_jveRTOxm-75WU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg
how are you getting such insanely good gas mileage!? That’s even better than the stock specs of 32 city/42 hwy.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I have just the 21 base tune on my 1.5 CVT and love it. Doesn't feel as dead in the water when starting from a stop which imo is worth every penny when you need to make a quick left through traffic.

Last edited:

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
how are you getting such insanely good gas mileage!? That’s even better than the stock specs of 32 city/42 hwy.
I definitely drive like a grandpa a lot, I doubt many can match my numbers. I hypermile to get the best numbers, it's a habit I picked up a few years back to cut down on my aggressive driving and has kept me out of tickets and car repairs ever since. I also have a 22 mile almost all 55mph commute with only 6-7 stop lights of which I usually only have to top at 1 or 2. My best commutes have shown high 60's on the computer and worst was 38 doing 100 the whole way home because of an emergency. If I do 80 on the highway I get 42mpg like everyone else, doing 70 I get over 50mpg and doing 55 I get over 60mpg.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
I definitely drive like a grandpa a lot, I doubt many can match my numbers. I hypermile to get the best numbers, it's a habit I picked up a few years back to cut down on my aggressive driving and has kept me out of tickets and car repairs ever since. I also have a 22 mile almost all 55mph commute with only 6-7 stop lights of which I usually only have to top at 1 or 2. My best commutes have shown high 60's on the computer and worst was 38 doing 100 the whole way home because of an emergency. If I do 80 on the highway I get 42mpg like everyone else, doing 70 I get over 50mpg and doing 55 I get over 60mpg.
stop using the computer and do actual mileage numbers, reset your Trip B odometer when you refill, refill till the pump clicks off (don't round to the nearest dollar) and use the same pump for every fill up then report back your actual numbers, not the bullshit the computer says.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
stop using the computer and do actual mileage numbers, reset your Trip B odometer when you refill, refill till the pump clicks off (don't round to the nearest dollar) and use the same pump for every fill up then report back your actual numbers, not the bullshit the computer says.
Was about to say, those are some hella high MPG numbers. My computer usually tracks about 1-2mpg higher than actual calculations. My fuel tracking app says I'm at 30.49mpg over the last 12 months, and I'm pretty sure my computer would put me at about 32mpg average for the same time frame

rlkassan

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic sport touring hatchback
Country flag
Super noob question....aside from increasing the “feel” of the car’s performance, are there any other benefits to the ktuner (or other types), like increasing fuel efficiency? If you don’t do any performance events with your car, is it still worth it? I did some googling and got mixed results.
I have a 2017 sport touring hatch on a stage 2 dual tune. I'd say 95% of my driving is city traffic but with plenty of opportunity to find an open lane.

Point being, im heavy on the pedal more times than not and im still averaging 28.3 MPG on 93 octane.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Agree. There is no way In hell hes getting those numbers. I don’t care how you drive the car you wouldn’t be getting that.

DarkenRahl

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag
I've also contemplated getting Ktuner for my 2.0 LX sinse they came out with it. My question is, does it affect anything when you're on "S" mode, does it feel any different then on "D" while running ktuner on both?

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
Was about to say, those are some hella high MPG numbers. My computer usually tracks about 1-2mpg higher than actual calculations. My fuel tracking app says I'm at 30.49mpg over the last 12 months, and I'm pretty sure my computer would put me at about 32mpg average for the same time frame
I don't think low 40's is impossible from what i've seen (i'm bumping against 35 Actual in my daily driving of a stock car on factory wheels and OEM tires, with basically no true highway driving), but that 50's-60's crap hell nah, not even if your drive was on flat level ground at 35 MPH with zero stops would that be possible even the Instant Economy when rolling on a road like that would disprove those kinds of numbers. I managed to make my computer show MPG numbers in the mid 40's by resetting my Trip A (which I meant to reset when I did my oil change) after I got to the top of my road because the majority of the next 3 miles was mostly downhill with very little throttle needed and even then I peaked around 46.9 MPG average until I started driving the next leg of my daily drive, unless you are driving down hill both ways you aren't hitting those numbers I don't care who you are and what "hypermiler" crap you claim to follow, I did all that shit with my old 95 Civic, there was even a 3.6 Mile stretch of road where in my old 95 civic (if I didn't have anyone behind or in front of me) I could shut off the engine and coast in neutral the whole damn way and all that was good for was an extra half mile to a mile a gallon on that car, you aren't getting 40-50% higher mileage then these cars are rated at.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
The subsequent replies since my last one are making me feel a lot better about my own gas mileage....the car says it’s an average of 29.4 right now, and I’ll do my own calculation once I’m ready for gas (haven’t even gone through my first tank yet from the dealer!). Even though I’m all city driving I’ve been super gentle with it for the break in period and definitely use my break pedal as sparingly as possible, so I was wondering how on earth someone would get such high mpg.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of mpg's, mileage will stay pretty close to your un-tuned numbers. It's just a question of staying out of boost. My mpg numbers have varied from a low of 17 (driving it like a race car) to 47 on a long highway trip driving like a granny. Overall since being tuned I average about 34-35 mpg per tankful (60/40 highway/city mix).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Thanks everyone for their input. So based on what I’m reading so far in this forum and others, using the Ktuner + TSP Stage 1:

-won’t significantly affect my mpg
-won’t put excess strain on my otherwise almost fully stock car (provided I’m not driving like a madwoman) - I do have aftermarket wheels and cosmetic upgrades but likely wouldn’t upgrade anything else performance wise for now.
-is worth the performance upgrade even if I do not do any performance events.
-shouldn’t affect my warranty (again, provided I am not driving aggressively and flash back to factory before going in for anything).

I am really interested in having a better driving experience, so I’m really leaning towards this purchase. Anyone with a conflicting opinion/additional information on my above points please chime in!
Sponsored