K-Tuner... What is it and should I get one...

BennyWuh

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Looking at upgrades to my 2018 Si and i'm hearing all about K-Tuners, but still have no real idea what they are. Yes, to many this is elementary but i'm new here... thoughts? Does it boost power? Worth it?
Sponsored

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i got one.
if you like the feel of acceleration then you would love ktuner.
it is a box that allows you to dial up the power of the motor as these motors are seriously detuned from factory. you can also adjust a whole lot more than just power if your interested in that kind of thing.
2 different types of ktuner, v1.2 and v2. they do the same thing except the v2 has its own screen for extra features and gages.

there is a lot of info in these forums about them. check it out.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner is a device used to tune and customize your engine's performance. It is similar to Hondata with the major difference being an active presence on this forum and in the community, amazing support and more available OTS (Off The Shelf) tunes. Most common features added are;
  • Increased Turbo Response
  • Increased Throttle Response
  • Increased Boost Levels
  • No-Lift Shifting
  • Two-Step
  • Custom Rev-Limiter
  • Tuning For E85
  • ECU Error Code Disabling (O2 Sensors)
  • Rev-Hang Delete
  • Data Logging
  • On-The-Fly Map Switching
  • And much more!
It also allows you to monitor critical information.
  • Knock Control
  • Air Intake Temps
  • Engine Core Temps
  • Air-Fuel Ratios
  • Ignition Timing
  • And much more!
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuner... What is it and should I get one... PAppU9Zl

KTuner Data On Hacked Head-Unit Using TunerView Lite

Overall, it's a great device for allowing you to have more control over your vehicle and more information about it in real-time.

Some companies such as @Two Step Performance offer custom tunes that will make your Si seem like a whole new animal. Their Stage 1 Tune will show you exactly how the Si should have been from the factory. Their Stage 2 Tune when paired with KTuner's Flex-Fuel kit will allow you to run E85 and make even more power.

Trust me, you want one. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
^ Great, detailed reply!

In simpler terms, it takes your car from this:

Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuner... What is it and should I get one... MealyGregariousAmericanwarmblood-size_restricted

To this... :)
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuner... What is it and should I get one... 200w

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
It's worth it. Check out the tuning section further down the list of forums here and you'll see a tuning section. Tons of Q&A regarding it. Great unit. The only one to get if you don't have any tuner at all.

Numero1latino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
In addition to the above, make sure that if you do decide to get a KTuner, that you are past the break in mileage for the car. Other than that, I'd say KTuner is the best price to performance mod you can get, aside from possible clutch issues, but if you drive normally, this usually isn't an issue.
Another noob here... What is the break in milage?

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another noob here... What is the break in milage?
If you're asking in general what "break-in mileage" is, it's basically allowing your vehicle to get "settled in"/conditioned before actually pushing it how you want to.

If you're asking for the actual number: The break-in mileage, according to the manual, is 600 miles.

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
When I run e85 in my Taurus, I get less mile per tank on it. Does the same thing happen to the Civic?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I run e85 in my Taurus, I get less mile per tank on it. Does the same thing happen to the Civic?
I'm running an E40 Blend (E85 + 91) and I'm getting the same fuel mileage I was before.

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm interested in one eventually, but have read here that a clutch upgrade is an absolute must, is that correct? Does it offer a more "mild" performance bump option like maybe 15-20hp?

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It's not so much "required" as much as it is "how hard do you want to drive your car?" I drive mine fairly hard, and it's holding up fine, I've had a few slips when my car is full of 4-5 people, granted my only other mods are a cold air intake and exhaust. Others who do a few more bolt ons like FP/DP combos might slip more.

And KTuner can let you do mild to extreme tunes, you can barely push it and make it just more responsive, or you can go balls to the wall if you know how.
That doesn't sound too bad, I would probably just want the most mild tune possible & the benefits of getting rid of the rev hang and better throttle/turbo response. Only other thing I'd maybe want to add would be a PRL intake.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Wow, all of these replys without a simple answer.

k-Tuner is a product that allows you to reprogram the computer that runs your engine. Usually so that it will operate outside the parameters programmed into it by the factory.

Most dealers would inform you that it negates the engine's warranty, though you are free to contest them in Court.

By allowing your tubocharger to increase the pressure going into your engine, it produces more power, usually in the form of horsepower.

Many have used the K-Tuner "tunes" safely, though most find that the extra power exceeds the factory clutch plates ability to hold the power.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
So I could buy a Ktuner, and a TSP Stage 1 Tune, have no mods on my stock Si, and get 237whp / 281tq ??? :eek:
Sponsored