K-Tuner Preset Tune Requirements? Is FBO Required for 1.1 tune?

RL - NJ

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Boost Blue Type-R, 13' 3.8 Genesis Coupe (RIP)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ordered a K-Tuner V2 which should be arriving in the coming weeks. I don't have a PRL downpipe yet so I can't run the PRL FBO tune so I was thinking about running the 1.1 tune. Do you need to be FBO to run this? Thanks!
Sponsored

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I remember reading that the tune was developed for a stock car

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Any reliability issues?
I didn't have any issues as well. I have Perrin intercooler and one resonator removed in the exhaust. I even advanced the ignition timing 3 degrees on that tune from 4800rpm on up since I run exclusively 93 octane. Also I lowered the torque request at WOT in 1st and 2nd gear and I barely get any tire spin. Really like the tune after my few tweaks. Heres a virtual dyno plot that I took of it (green) vs the phearable tune (red) that I also have.
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuner Preset Tune Requirements? Is FBO Required for 1.1 tune? 7C8BF505-F9D7-40DE-AB9C-F29267A1C0BC

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I didn't have any issues as well. I have Perrin intercooler and one resonator removed in the exhaust. I even advanced the ignition timing 3 degrees on that tune from 4800rpm on up since I run exclusively 93 octane. Also I lowered the torque request at WOT in 1st and 2nd gear and I barely get any tire spin. Really like the tune after my few tweaks. Heres a virtual dyno plot that I took of it (green) vs the phearable tune (red) that I also have.
7C8BF505-F9D7-40DE-AB9C-F29267A1C0BC.jpeg
Do you mind sharing how to do that virtual dyno?

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Do you mind sharing how to do that virtual dyno?
Virtual dyno is a software that you can download for free from the internet. Once you have it you have to add the civic type-R to the software because the developer doesnt have it on there yet…or at least it wasnt there a year ago. To get a dyno plot you have to datalog a 4th gear pull on the highway and then export it as a (i forgot what its called) file in the hondata or Ktuner software. Then you open that exported file in virtual dyno and see your power! It has shown to be very accurate for me.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Virtual dyno is a software that you can download for free from the internet. Once you have it you have to add the civic type-R to the software because the developer doesnt have it on there yet…or at least it wasnt there a year ago. To get a dyno plot you have to datalog a 4th gear pull on the highway and then export it as a (i forgot what its called) file in the hondata or Ktuner software. Then you open that exported file in virtual dyno and see your power! It has shown to be very accurate for me.
Very cool I will look into it ! Thanks
Sponsored