K-Tuner noob but so far very happy

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Got bit by the mod bug again and went the tuning route this time. Ordered the K-Tuner v2 with the TSP Stage 1 tune (hats off to TSP for the super quick shipment) and got it installed yesterday with absolutely zero issues. I’ve driven almost 100 miles and so far have been real happy with the differences compared to the factory tune. Turbo seems to spool up a bit quicker and there’s definitely more boost. Although I always drive in normal mode, I tried the sport mode a couple of times and was seeing 25psi - don’t think I’ll be doing that too much but it’s definitely nice to have when its time to boogie. The rev hang being disabled is noticeable but seems a little jerky at times. Might just be me though, still need more seat time.

Being able to do the data logging is really cool too. I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to playback the logs and monitor all the different values. My AFR hangs around 14.7-15.0 when cruising and drops to about 11 during WOT. Knock control is flat lined at 0.49. STFT and LTFT averaging around -3%.

Here is a 2-3-4 pull I logged earlier and tried to sync it up with video I recorded.

All in all, I’d say the price of admission is worth it considering what you get.
Sponsored

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Very nice!

Si has lots more tuning option than the Hatch. More to the point such as the latest Phearable for the Si. Seems lots of users are happy on both TSP and Phearable.

Did you tune your Z06 as well?

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very nice!

Si has lots more tuning option than the Hatch. More to the point such as the latest Phearable for the Si. Seems lots of users are happy on both TSP and Phearable.

Did you tune your Z06 as well?
Thanks! Yes I did a lot of research prior to purchasing and opted for TSP based on all of the positive reviews. Would love to try Phearable at some point to compare.

Both my Z and ST are 100% bone stock other than K&N drop-in air filters. The Si is the first car I've modded like this in almost 10 years- the aftermarket options seem endless.

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Clutch? Clutch. Cluuuuuuutch.
Yep some of the clutch horror stories had me concerned, however, there are guys on here who seem to have the same driving habits as me and they've had no issues with theirs. I know I haven't driven it much since the flash but so far I've not had any slip even when I was romping on it in the map 3 sport mode. Time will tell but I feel pretty confident it is fine.

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I’ve racked up close to 200 miles over the past few days and all I can say is this tune is badass! Been running map 3 normal mode 99% of the time. The engine really feels alive now and makes the factory tune feel boring. It might be a placebo effect but the engine also seems to sound better and has a more aggressive tone paired with MAP exhaust. Surprisingly my mpg’s have only dropped by a couple even with all the WOT pulls I’ve done during my testing.

Here’s a quick highway pull that I recorded in Mexico earlier this morning. No doubt it will pull my Fiesta now. Prior to the tune, they'd both be neck and neck at these speeds.

I know I’ve only had it a few days but my initial impression is go out and buy it now! I’d highly recommend this to someone who is interested in waking up the little 1.5l motor in these cars. It will greatly enhance your driving experience which is the whole reason why most, if not all, of us bought these cars in the first place :)
Sponsored