websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I plugged my k-tumer v2 touch into my PC with a port having issues on my front panel connection. It started to update itself and failed. Now my unit will occasionally lock up on me. Is there a way to force it to update again on a confirmed good PC port?

I'd love to get this fixed.

Thank you for any help.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If the update did not complete the unit wouldn't turn on. If you reconnected while in update mode it would have started the update over again.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the update did not complete the unit wouldn't turn on. If you reconnected while in update mode it would have started the update over again.

It didn't start it over again that I could tell.

The port was going in and out and I could not tell it was doing it. I saw a message saying preparing or something like that and it would just close and open saying that again and again. I gave up after about five minutes of that message realizing my front port is messing up and plugged it directly into my computers back panel usb 3.0 port and it brought up k-tuner without saying anything and started communicating with the device.

Now at random my unit will lock up and just show me the last log on the screen whatever that might have been and never update. The knock retard shows -2222266666666666 obviously I pressed my number keys more than needed there lol.

That's what it does and what happened.

I'm good with android and windows and programming. I was looking to see if there's a command prompt command that I can run to force another update or perhaps an exe shortcut command?

Maybe it's a bug but, I doubt it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm going to be putting in my turbo this weekend. I need to figure out if this will stop me from flashing my ecu or not pronto. I can unplug it then plug it back in and it's good for awhile then randomly locks up again as explained above.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's a screen shot of it locked up.

Honda Civic 10th gen K-tuner firmware update issue PXL_20230601_153759038

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It doesn't say "preparing" during a firmware update and the unit can't function without the firmware being complete on the unit. If you're not up to date you will have an update option in the V2 special commands menu.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow, okay.

The software on my computer said preparing or some word similar and kept popping up a window stating such for like five minutes off and on.

I tried using the special commands option in the k-tuner windows app and it's greyed out like it's up to date but obviously since updating its locking up. I switched to looking at a different screen setup as suggested in the email to me by you and it still locked up eventually but, I'll try another screen to see if it stops.

There's something wrong since I updated.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried deleting the KTuner software on your computer and then reuploading it and setting things up again fresh? Worth a shot?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Feel free to try the next update when it gets released and see if it remains the same. There are no further suggestions at this time, as this firmware version isn't new and has been out for quite some time already.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Feel free to try the next update when it gets released and see if it remains the same. There are no further suggestions at this time, as this firmware version isn't new and has been out for quite some time already.

Well it has been awhile since I updated it obviously so.

If I turn off all gauges on screen but rpm it's working and taking logs.

I still think it's a weird bug but whatever.

I'll see if I can install tuner view on my head unit. I'm waiting on one more gasket today from ups then I have all six to proceed with my gc+/ prl tip install. I'm going to start tearing it down today and assume the unit doesn't lock up mid flashing of my ecu.

Fingers 🤞

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe I cornered the issue finally FYI @KTuner .

As you know, I upgraded my turbo and started a re-tune with Derek. Which is why I was worried about the V2 unit locking up like it was.

Well, I flashed Derek's new tune and was able to get logs but, I had left the unit only looking at the rpms. Got through that data log session and recently flashed another tune he sent over.

Captured all the necessary logs and thought, why not try the unit again?

It has stopped locking up now.

I had my battery die on me the other month. The car was turning on and off rapidly until I disconnected the old battery at the time. I think it had corrupted my ecu.

Edit:

😂 It just locked up again never mind wow. Oh well. Perfect timing literally sitting here smoking a cigarette on break, decide to post this two days later and it happens 🤣

Is there a way for me to get the unit fixed by your team or no?

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Feel free to try the next update when it gets released and see if it remains the same. It seems like it's related to an item you have on the display if it doesn't happen with less items. You have multiple pages you can swipe through. See if you can figure out which item.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Feel free to try the next update when it gets released and see if it remains the same. It seems like it's related to an item you have on the display if it doesn't happen with less items. You have multiple pages you can swipe through. See if you can figure out which item.

I think it's my knock control. I went through the ones I have. That's the main one I'd like to monitor.

It's the most important one.

I appreciate your help. I uh, I'll wait for your next update to feel free to try.....

Thank you,

Last edited:
OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried deleting the KTuner software on your computer and then reuploading it and setting things up again fresh? Worth a shot?

Sorry I didn't respond quicker just been busy with work / family / car thus, my like on your post right away but no response. I used my wife's laptop to see and same issue in my car.

Thank you I appreciate it. Was worth the try.

@KTuner

Quick question. I know you're the one that responded to me via email because of your comment you made to me via email...

Do you have a software engineer?

If so, does he know about my issue?

If so, I know he knows how to force a reflash.

Can he remote in by chance and reflash for me?

Thanks you so much for so much help so far!

You guys have great customer service.
Sponsored

Last edited: