Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
I just went to stealer tonight.. i mean dealer... got a oil change.. of course they come back with you need a aliment and the back tires are worn down... so i just said oil change.... he then comes back after oil change and says.. well ya know if your tire goes flat your gonna get a ticket for that... kid is lucky i didnt put him right in his place.. first off ... ive been driving longer than you been alive... i driven on bald tires. broken windshield and head lamp out for 1 year... on my scion xb... never got a ticket.. i really didnt care for his cheap shot scare tactic to get me to buy 2 new tires so he can get a commission.. I only have 40k on my si coupe in black... tires are fine.. winter is over.. but really? im getting a ticket if i dont?
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I just went to stealer tonight.. i mean dealer... got a oil change.. of course they come back with you need a aliment and the back tires are worn down... so i just said oil change.... he then comes back after oil change and says.. well ya know if your tire goes flat your gonna get a ticket for that... kid is lucky i didnt put him right in his place.. first off ... ive been driving longer than you been alive... i driven on bald tires. broken windshield and head lamp out for 1 year... on my scion xb... never got a ticket.. i really didnt care for his cheap shot scare tactic to get me to buy 2 new tires so he can get a commission.. I only have 40k on my si coupe in black... tires are fine.. winter is over.. but really? im getting a ticket if i dont?
Are you lowered? Why would your back tires need an alignment at 40k?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I never get upsold at the few dealership services I've had. I wonder if it's just those dealers or if they perceive me as someone who knows better or wouldn't want the service?

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm going to the dealer Saturday for a oil change and i'm sure i will need a tire rotation / air filter / etc.. Everything i do on my own, but you're right it's mostly kids that don't know we know better.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Depends on the officer really. If you are involved in a wreck that may have been avoided with better tires then yeah maybe. Or if you were stopped for something else and the officer noticed your bald tires, But there is no way an officer can establish PC to stop you based solely off of looking at your tires unless they were worn down to the cords.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You won't get a ticket for underinflated tires, but you could for driving on bald ones. Most states have laws against driving on tires with less than 2/32" of thread depth.

Most states also have laws against driving with headlights off for certain times of the day, so you could get a ticket for having only 1 functional one, since we're talking about a car and not a bike...

Cracked windshield laws also vary from state to state.

Driving around for a year with a broken windshield, broken headlamp and bald tires is just asking to be stopped. And not just unsafe for you, but for the other drivers on the road. Don't be an a-hole.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Dealerships need to make their money somewhere. They used to make them on more frequent 3000 mile oil changes, having to adjust valves etc, but these days cars don't need much servicing, and oil changes are usually 8K to 10K miles, and tune-ups are usually between 100k and 120K. Some cars now have 15K intervals

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before I traded in my Si, I took it in for a B1 service at 16k miles. Upon driving home, I noticed a vibration a low speeds.

It took quite a bit of back and forth on what the issue was but I was told it was tire cupping (though there was no visible cupping and I couldn't feel any on the wheel).

Anyway, stock tires are crap and we're all aware of that. I wouldn't think it's unrealistic to need new ones at 40k

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Before I traded in my Si, I took it in for a B1 service at 16k miles. Upon driving home, I noticed a vibration a low speeds.

It took quite a bit of back and forth on what the issue was but I was told it was tire cupping (though there was no visible cupping and I couldn't feel any on the wheel).

Anyway, stock tires are crap and we're all aware of that. I wouldn't think it's unrealistic to need new ones at 40k
I don't know, I drove 17K on the stock Goodyears thru different weather conditions, high speeds (multiple trips between Northern Cal and Southern Cal, 360 miles each way) and never had any problems with these tires. They are not the best tires, but certainly not the worst, as that honor goes to Dunlaps

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Cops don't need probable cause to pull you over. All they need is a thing called "reasonable suspicion".

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These tires last 40k tops.

Also, to be fair, most people don't know shit about cars these days. So I would expect the dealers to pull this crap every time... and hence why I stay away unless it's truly beyond me. Half the time they can't be bothered to put the screws back in our skid plates though so I don't know if they're any more qualified...

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Cops don't need probable cause to pull you over. All they need is a thing called "reasonable suspicion".
This is true. stopping people solely based off of reasonable suspicion that turns out to be nothing is technically a violation of the 4th amendment and can land the officer and the department in deep shit depending on the totality of the situation. Id be willing to bet that most traffic stops conducted are a result of PC rather than RS, but yes you are right.
Sponsored

Last edited: