Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Be patient - we understand your frustrations

1) don't come to this forum on a daily basis. Will only make the desire worse

2)Look for alternative cars like (type-S) the Type-R while a great performance vehicle it is not the end all be all for performance. Some nice cars out here Budget and luxury (IS-F, WRX, etc)

3)Save your money if you are dead set on getting a Type-R maybe you will find a New used you can buy it outright.

Anything else we can do to help out users who are having issues who want a type R but cant get one?
Sponsored

gohighhhehrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wasn't cross shopping with the brz when I got the Type R (2 door vs 5 door, power diff, price range, etc), but the new 2022 brz has caught my eye tbh. Plus there is the new Nissan 400Z coming as well. So i'd say for all those peeps who missed out (and don't want to pay over MSRP) to check out the 400z/brz later. STI isn't due till next year I think

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
400z would be a nice consideration instead of an R.

Not gonna lie probs woulda got a 400z if they were for sale at same time as I got my R.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Not gonna lie probs woulda got a 400z if they were for sale at same time as I got my R.
Of course the 400z will probably also have a ridiculous mark-up at least for that first year or so. Supras were initially going for $5-20k over when they were first released in my area. I knew someone who actually paid it for the initial limited editions and he bought a couple.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
I was debating on getting a CTR since they're reasonably priced in my area, but ended up walking away with my Si instead. Around this time next year, i'll browse the market for one in hopes i can snag one for the same or close to the same price i bought my Si for. ?

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Be willing to travel considerable distance and if necessary, ship via transport. I did this and couldn’t have been happier with the process.

Good luck to all. I promise there are new CTRs out there for MSRP.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Accord Touring 2.0T
Fun sleeper.
My wife has an Accord EX-L 2.0T with the 10 speed AT.
It's pretty quick off the line.
It's really limited by the lack of an LSD. It will spin the wheels in 1st or 2nd if you're on it in a corner.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
search your ass off on every platform you can and maybe youll find a gem! I feel like I snuck in right before the price hike last May. Local guy just got his 18 with 20k miles on it for 35k, didnt seem like too bad of a deal.

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '23 Kona N, '09 335i
Country flag

I plan on getting both, but am waiting on more info on a Nismo model. For the Z, I can hold off for MY23 or MY24.

I haven't owned a Honda product since I sold my RSX Type S after buying a '07 350Z, so I've been out of the loop for a while. I was going to wait until Q4 this year to get a Type R not realizing that production will cease in a matter of months. That timing would work well to replace our Passat, which would be after my wife gets her new car, and I'm assuming after the reveal of the 11th gen Type R (just in case we wanted the new one instead), but now I'm reconsidering.

Are these cars really going for MSRP if listed for that, or is there really only one way to find out? I see 5 new Boost Blue Type R's within 50 miles of me all listed at $39,285...
Sponsored