Just Traded in my 2015 SI coupe for 2020 SI 4 dr.

mattawise

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic SI 4 Dr black
Country flag
33 miles on it, love it so far, anything about the new gen i should know?
Sponsored

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I too came from a 2015 Si sedan. You will miss the engine sound, throttle response and pedals position for heel toe. Other than these the 10th gen is a better sporty car. A Bms sri and Razo/Acuity pedal thing will help most of these.

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
33 miles on it, love it so far, anything about the new gen i should know?
Congrats on the new Si ?

One thing that comes to mind is to not go WOT in 5th or 6th gear. If you need to pass, downshift to 4th.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Comgrats and welcome. If pedal position is an issue like most people find look into the acuity or perrin throttle pedal spacer. I personally have the acuity one and it makes heel/toe so much easier. That was my first mod.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the new Si ?

One thing that comes to mind is to not go WOT in 5th or 6th gear. If you need to pass, downshift to 4th.
i dont have Si just 1.5t hatch, why he shouldnt WOT 4 and 5th? if the rpm is high enough i dont see a problem? i do it alot and for now no problems... or is there something i dont know :p tell me

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The shift knob gets stupid hot in the summer. I'd recommend a nice leather one like the 27Won or SuperKlasse ones.
Thanks, I like the leather knob on my Sport so I'm a little worried about the metal one on the Si I'm getting.

The Superklasse doesn't show threads on the knob, I assume the Si knob screws on it is it a push fit?

the 27Won looks a lot taller, any thoughts on tall vs short knob? I'd ask my wife but I know what she'll say.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I like the leather knob on my Sport so I'm a little worried about the metal one on the Si I'm getting.

The Superklasse doesn't show threads on the knob, I assume the Si knob screws on it is it a push fit?

the 27Won looks a lot taller, any thoughts on tall vs short knob? I'd ask my wife but I know what she'll say.
LOL hey, some women might prefer the shorter, fatter knob.

The SuperKlasse runabout does come with threads and I have one in my Si. You specify Acura/Honda when you order, and they'll get you a 10x1.5 threaded one.

The 27Won knob does sit higher, so that's something to consider. It would pair great with the Acuity adjustable shifter assembly, if you went balls to the wall and bought one like I did!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
i dont have Si just 1.5t hatch, why he shouldnt WOT 4 and 5th? if the rpm is high enough i dont see a problem? i do it alot and for now no problems... or is there something i dont know :p tell me
Some people recommend only going WOT past 4k rpm, which in 5th gear would mean you are already at ~85mph. 4th gear goes past 105mph so for those rare few times you are hitting triple digits (on a track, of course) anything beyond 4th gear should rarely be necessary

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
5th and 6th gear are considered overdrive gears, so going WOT at low RPM is hard for the clutch if you use it to accelerate while in 5th or 6th since most of the torque comes in in the lower half of the RPM range.

Let's say you're cruising along at 40 -45 mph and you are in 6th gear already and need to accelerate, instead of accelerating from 6th, drop it down and accelerate from there.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
5th and 6th gear are considered overdrive gears, so going WOT at low RPM is hard for the clutch if you use it to accelerate while in 5th or 6th since most of the torque comes in in the lower half of the RPM range.

Let's say you're cruising along at 40 -45 mph and you are in 6th gear already and need to accelerate, instead of accelerating from 6th, drop it down and accelerate from there.
The clutch is disengaged right? So how is it hard on the clutch? These cars are so robust I wouldn't worry about this stuff. Downshift if you need to.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The clutch is disengaged right? So how is it hard on the clutch? These cars are so robust I wouldn't worry about this stuff. Downshift if you need to.
Light acceleration is fine, but punching the gas at low rpms will lug the engine