Just picked up my 2018 sport hatch. Have a couple questions !

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Did you have to take the front bumper off to change the fog lights or did you do it from under the wheel well?
Per the manual - you remove 3 clips and 1 screw per side between bumper and wheel liner plastic, but its a real pain to do as you have to stuff your hand/arm in and do it by feel. Might be a lot easier on a car lift though.
Sponsored

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
LED's run much colder and a lot longer than either halogen or HID. Too many wires and too much bullshit with HID. LED is just bulbs. Only problem is in winter LED's don't run hot enough to melt snow and ice off your lenses.

OP
OP

bigmashbite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
LED's run much colder and a lot longer than either halogen or HID. Too many wires and too much bullshit with HID. LED is just bulbs. Only problem is in winter LED's don't run hot enough to melt snow and ice off your lenses.
So if I want to go strictly led I can just buy the bulbs and no other bullshit?

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
So if I want to go strictly led I can just buy the bulbs and no other bullshit?
right. just bulbs. install in less than five minutes. check out Opt7 Led headlight bulbs.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You will start complaining at some point about the output on LED's regardless. I tried it for a while and just needed better lighting. I don't know what "bullshit" David is talking about but it's pretty simple to hide all the wires and hook up a HID kit. Regardless whichever way you go is plug and play.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
You will start complaining at some point about the output on LED's regardless. I tried it for a while and just needed better lighting. I don't know what "bullshit" David is talking about but it's pretty simple to hide all the wires and hook up a HID kit. Regardless whichever way you go is plug and play.
Shankmeyster is right about the projection. LED's don't project as far out ahead as HID. They flood the nearfield, including the shoulders of the road better though.

OP
OP

bigmashbite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Shankmeyster is right about the projection. LED's don't project as far out ahead as HID. They flood the nearfield, including the shoulders of the road better though.
Thanks . Honesty not too concerned with the depth of projection, where I live there are street lights everywhere and I could probably drive with my lights off honestly haha. I just think the yellow look of the stock headlights and fogs are gross lmao

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
@KTuner will getcha going with more HP gains than any bolt ons.I run custom Boost by gear calibrations in both my CivicX EXT and Hatchback Sport and couldn’t be happier.Headlights aren’t my specialty but will be watching what y’all choose to use.
:wave:
Sponsored