Just ordered Morimoto LED headlights. Package came shipped in Vlands??

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are these the same thing? Or am I missing something, because I did not read Vlands anywhere on the website where as Morimoto are the more reputable headlights from what I've read. If it matters, I ordered through modbargains instead of theretrofitsource.

-Thanks
Sponsored

jugraj

First Name
Jugraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Are these the same thing? Or am I missing something, because I did not read Vlands anywhere on the website where as Morimoto are the more reputable headlights from what I've read. If it matters, I ordered through modbargains instead of theretrofitsource.

-Thanks
I believe all lights (Morimoto, Unique Style racing, TRS etc) are just Vland lights which are just sold under different brand names. The fact they didn't even bother to package it with their own branding just proves my point.

Here's the "original" link

https://vlandmotor.com/products/vla...-2018-honda-civic?_pos=1&_sid=be91b1c3a&_ss=r

The only difference I noticed between the lights was the Warranty, some retailers give 1 year, VLand gives 2 year but somehow the folks at Mod bargain are giving a 5 year warranty.

Could you share your experience with the headlights? I am just waiting for some good Black Friday deals to pull the trigger.

OP
OP
Fk7_412

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe all lights (Morimoto, Unique Style racing, TRS etc) are just Vland lights which are just sold under different brand names. The fact they didn't even bother to package it with their own branding just proves my point.

https://vlandmotor.com/products/vla...-2018-honda-civic?_pos=1&_sid=be91b1c3a&_ss=r

The only difference I noticed between the lights was the Warranty, some retailers give 1 year, VLand gives 2 year but somehow the folks at Mod bargain are giving a 5 year warranty.

Could you share your experience with the headlights? I am just waiting for some good Black Friday deals to pull the trigger.
Installing tomorrow and will let you know. Excited because these style of headlights just draw so much attention, really gives it a refreshed look. Was the biggest thing noticeable when parked near newer Si's + type r's

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Installing tomorrow and will let you know. Excited because these style of headlights just draw so much attention, really gives it a refreshed look. Was the biggest thing noticeable when parked near newer Si's + type r's
Agree, they are definitely worth the pricepoint in terms of quality, looks and overall performance(although not on par with other hid or led projectors). Breaking necks around town lol

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine came in a vLand box as well, I was also confused, don’t sweat it. But no issues since installed, had since April of this year *knock on wood*.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag

Just wanted to weigh in got these from TRS and I am a big fan, they definitely are as good as the OEM LEDs that came on my car but the sequentials is a cool plus. I've had them since July of last year and still look brand new!

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I got mine from modbargins as well, and yeah with a 5 year warranty, it’s better to go with them, plus free shipping, and they give promotions on their site. When I got mine they offered $20 off, was a no brainer plus for it shipped fast from their PA warehouse.
-
For overall experience, it’s worth it immensely. Some go for the next level version which is 850 but I don’t like the styling of those, it’s way to....extreme. I like the OEM look better, plus the DRL stays on with the turn signal. ALSO! The sequential turn signal is a damn neck breaker! When I got mine I had to adjust the beam, were a tad low, but after since, I never had an issue at night, can see clear/far/wide. You’ll love it, pull the trigger. I also just ordered the TYPE-S Moritmoto XB Foglights hoping to install this week. :)
-

Honda Civic 10th gen Just ordered Morimoto LED headlights. Package came shipped in Vlands?? 17F78FCB-BA44-4744-88C6-577500D28B66

-
Demonstration of lights at a stand still.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got mine from modbargins as well, and yeah with a 5 year warranty, it’s better to go with them, plus free shipping, and they give promotions on their site. When I got mine they offered $20 off, was a no brainer plus for it shipped fast from their PA warehouse.
-
For overall experience, it’s worth it immensely. Some go for the next level version which is 850 but I don’t like the styling of those, it’s way to....extreme. I like the OEM look better, plus the DRL stays on with the turn signal. ALSO! The sequential turn signal is a damn neck breaker! When I got mine I had to adjust the beam, were a tad low, but after since, I never had an issue at night, can see clear/far/wide. You’ll love it, pull the trigger. I also just ordered the TYPE-S Moritmoto XB Foglights hoping to install this week. :)
-

17F78FCB-BA44-4744-88C6-577500D28B66.jpeg
It's funny you mentioned that about the DRL and turn signal, I told the guy that ordered them in and installed them about that cause the switchback bothers me too and he goes "huh... I've never noticed that" :hmm:

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's funny you mentioned that about the DRL and turn signal, I told the guy that ordered them in and installed them about that cause the switchback bothers me too and he goes "huh... I've never noticed that" :hmm:
Aha yeh that was definitely the deciding factor for me. Just warn him not to adjust the low beam to much. Idk if they ever fixed the issue of the screw adjustment mechanism breaking after “3 turns”.

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
-
-

17F78FCB-BA44-4744-88C6-577500D28B66.jpeg

-
Demonstration of lights at a stand still.
What was extreme about those ones, they look stock too and have a cutoff as opposed to these ones you got. Plus they look more premium too ?

Btw, where did you get that lip?

Last edited:

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Aha yeh that was definitely the deciding factor for me. Just warn him not to adjust the low beam to much. Idk if they ever fixed the issue of the screw adjustment mechanism breaking after “3 turns”.
I thought that was just for the XBs, the OEM looking ones needed major adjustment and had no problem cranking them up cause they were pointed straight down basically.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What was extreme about those ones, they look stock too and have a cutoff as opposed to these ones you got. Plus they look more premium too ?
I think everything I've read says that output wide the XBs are actually lower but they do have that nice cut off as opposed to the glare the reflectors give but I haven't had any issues with people flashing at me.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought that was just for the XBs, the OEM looking ones needed major adjustment and had no problem cranking them up cause they were pointed straight down basically.
Yeh it was the XB version that had the 3 turn max issue. The OE+ version i received were aimed dumb low but was simple to fix.
-
True in design, but the switchback on the DRL/turn signal killed it for me as I mentioned. :(
-
I’ve only been flashed like 2-3x since I had the lights. Just the normal glare even the Honda OEM version comes with.

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Yeh it was the XB version that had the 3 turn max issue. The OE+ version i received were aimed dumb low but was simple to fix.
-

True in design, but the switchback on the DRL/turn signal killed it for me as I mentioned. :(
-
I’ve only been flashed like 2-3x since I had the lights. Just the normal glare even the Honda OEM version comes with.
You can switch between both on the XBs, not sure about the OE+ version.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can switch between both on the XBs, not sure about the OE+ version.
You keep the DRL active while using the turn signal on the “OE+“ version. With “XB”, DRL become the turn signal, that is the ONLY part I didn’t like, everything else is worth the asking price. :)
Sponsored