JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 3 series soon to be replaced
Country flag
Hey everyone, I’m excited to say that I just ordered a white SI coupe. While I know it’s really a dealer trade that’s getting it shipped to me rather than a purchase from the factory, I still get to wait some time while it is shipped here. My plan was to get one with the HFP package but once I realized it was a dealer installed option and that the dealer was asking $5000 for it I decided to pass on that. I hope in the future to build essentially the same look (conservative and oem) without spending the insane amount they were asking. My hope in the time between now and when the car arrives (week or two) I can find out a little more about the car.

I am coming from a 2008 E90 with the sport and cold weather packages so I will miss my power adjusting side bolsters, but while I have been unable to drive an Si as there are none anywhere near me, I am sure the sport seats will be great. Are there any common problems you guys and gals have run into on these? By this I more mean annoyances or shortcomings than mechanicals faults. I’ve heard mixed reviews about the sound system but heard similar things about the base sound system in my BMW which I found to be more than adequate for daily driving so I’m sur it will be fine. Also, if anyone has recommendations on what wheels to get, I plan on making the oem wheels winter wheels and getting a different set for my summer tires.
Sponsored

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Congrats on the car. I am waiting for mine to arrive at the dealership too....might be tomorrow. I got lucky and mine is coming straight from the factory. I would look into the many types of Enkei Racing or Racing Revolution. Those will be the strongest and typically the lightest. It is a great upgrade for this car since the stockers are near 30 lbs....that's heavier than my steel wheels on my jeep...unacceptable.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
How much is the rebate for the 18 clear out right now?

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pick up a ktuner and a two step performance stage 1 tune. After you break the car in of course then have some fun with it

OP
OP

JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got 6% off sticker, I could have fought for more but tbh I didn’t want to spend hours arguing over a couple hundred bucks. There was no manufacturer rebate available, maybe there will be if my car arrives in November but we will see. I am leaning more toward Hondata because I’ve heard it’s better overall.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
FYI, KTUNER is far better with customer support and from what I have read, those who have made the switch from Hondata to Ktuner have had almost nothing but good things to say.

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Regarding the seats, I actuall much prefer the SI seats to the sport seats in the e90 generation. And that's saying a lot for a seat that only reclines and goes up. G37 Sport seats > SI seats > e90 sport seats imo

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Wear long sleeved shirts and driving gloves. The armrests and seat sides instantly turn white from skin contact

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Congrats! I’m waiting to hear more on the 2019 Si before I pull the trigger on the sedan. I see a lot of people coming from the BMW, Lexus (myself), Audi, etc. and not looking back. I hope to have the same experience!

I’ve heard a few in my area of grabbing the 2018 Si sedan for less than $22.5k OTD, so that’s not too far off.

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have owned quite a few cars, and I also went from an E90 sport to the Si. The Si seats are near perfect in my opinion, but there is not much adjustment. The E90 has quite the range for seat adjustment. You will notice road noise for a little while, and the clutch will feel like a feather for about the same amount of time. Anyways, Congrats!

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Congrats! I’m waiting to hear more on the 2019 Si before I pull the trigger on the sedan.
Apparently the only differences are related to the head unit. It gets a volume knob and fan controls. After a test drive I couldn't wait so I went ahead and put my name in for the first white 2019 SI to hit their lot.

OP
OP

JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I considered waiting for the 19 SI but when I decided to purchase instead of lease I was fine with the 18 as the things I wanted to change I could do cheaper by myself. It doesn’t look like we are getting LED headlights for 2019 and I don’t really think the headunit changes are worthy of note for me. My BMW sold within an hour of me posting it up so I dont have a car until this one arrives so hopefully it’s quick. On the subject of KTuner vs Hondata I meant no offense with my statement that Hondata was objectively better. I have never used either and am simply going off of what I have seen in the various threads on this forum. They seem to suggest that the Hondata provides a more flexible tune and more functions over all. If this is not the case than I am certain that I will go ktuner. From what I’ve read neither puts any where near an excessive load on the drivetrain so my concerns about reliability can rest easy.

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I’ve heard a few in my area of grabbing the 2018 Si sedan for less than $22.5k OTD, so that’s not too far off.
That's a great price. I got my 2018 coupe in September and I paid $22,750 + tax + $299 dealer fee. That was like $24,750 OTD... $22.5K OTD is incredible.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
That's a great price. I got my 2018 coupe in September and I paid $22,750 + tax + $299 dealer fee. That was like $24,750 OTD... $22.5K OTD is incredible.
Yeah luckily NH has no sales tax, so that helps out.
Sponsored