1.5T Just ordered a Borla Type-S catback (140739) as my first mod, is an intake actually worth it?

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First mod for the 18 civic sport, and was looking at intakes as well. I'm based in Pittsburgh so PRL is right down the road from me, but I'm afraid a full CAI system is not worth the risk around standing water prone areas. So my only serious consideration would be the 27Won intake, but is it actually worth the $387 asking price? I understand the main reason is for the turbo sound, but I've also read that the 27won specifically is a bit muffled being enclosed.

The whole reason I got a catback was to hear what the car was doing and never accidentally stay in 5th on the highways again :doh::doh:. Eibach Pro kit would be ordered if I decide against the intake, followed by an Intercooler with the ktuner or hondata flashpro next month!

Thanks and I'm open to all opinions while I continue to forum dive!
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
If you willing to go in any order, I would put Ktuner/Hondata at #1 for performance gains.

Having the tuner first would also allow you to go the route of any intake (as some require tunes)

Looking forward to the build!