Just muffler delete or with resonator?

trackspeed13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Injected
Seems really cheap. Went to a small car meet, heard someone's 2.0 Elantra with delete and the pops are amazing for the price. Around here can get it for under $100 CAD. Should I get both or just muffler? If you have a clip of your own please link. No rice haters please!

EDIT: Also, does who you go to really matter? This place my friend told me to go wants to charge $250
Sponsored

Last edited:

CloudsAtlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2012 Audi A6 Quattro
I had my local exhaust shop cut from after the cats all the way back, 3" pipe, put a glass pack where the resonator was, 2 &3/4" pipe to the stock hdmi style tip. sounds hella, but because of that 2& 3/4" pipe it has a bit of drone at ab 1800 & 3500 rpm. for all of that my guy charged $200.

OP
OP
trackspeed13

trackspeed13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Injected
I had my local exhaust shop cut from after the cats all the way back, 3" pipe, put a glass pack where the resonator was, 2 &3/4" pipe to the stock hdmi style tip. sounds hella, but because of that 2& 3/4" pipe it has a bit of drone at ab 1800 & 3500 rpm. for all of that my guy charged $200.
Thanks for the reply!

FTD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don’t have first hand experience with modifying the exhaust on this car *yet* however on my 2007 MX5 (notably not a turbo engine) I tried to be super minimalist and cut out both the resonator and muffler. The result in my assessment was unappealing (sound wise) and tiresome on the highway. I ended up having them weld the resonator back in then it was much better. So based on that experience, I plan to leave my resonator in place when I delete the muffler on the Si.

I hope this helps.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my resonator removed first with the stock mufflers. It sounded deeper and not much louder. I wanted a little more volume so I had an aftermarket muffler put on in place of the stock mufflers. Couldn’t be happier with the result. Not too loud but super deep. Lots of backpressure popping. Not annoying. No drone. Vibrant 1040 muffler.

Deleted member

I have the resonator and muffler delete. It sounds absolutely fantastic but it is very, very loud(think Harley Davidson). It has a pleasing deep exhaust note along with plenty of backfire and crackle sounds. If you're a total sports car lover it is a fantastic mod for the price but if you don't love engine noise it may be too loud for you. It does have drone at specific rpms but once you learn where they are at it is not hard to avoid even at highway speeds. You can keep noise to an acceptable level with a (very)gentle foot and low rpms when driving in residential areas.

If you go this route be sure to keep the resonator and mufflers in the event you decide you want to have them put back on.

ttores has a good video which gives you a solid idea of what the resonator delete + muffler delete mod sounds like

One last warning that it is very loud in person, videos don't give you a good idea how loud it is in person. Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirtychonies

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I went with a resonator delete. You get baby crackles and a slight louder exhaust sound. I did not want to do a muffler delete because of how loud everyone is saying it is. I paid $40 for a resonator delete.
Sponsored