Just Joined The Type R Club This Week

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
It scared me that TPMS went off on my way home from the dealer (~20 miles away). Since the car only had 6 miles on the lot, apparently it needed to calibrate since it's rotational and not the TPMS sensor that I'm used to.

Sure would have been nice to be told that by the dealer on the walk-around.
Same here !! I thought i hit a nail or something and freaked out.

I bought mine 4 hours from my house and it happened like 2 hours into the drive back home. Had to stop, get change, check the tire pressure, added air.. it still came back on. Stopped again, and recalibrated the TPMS and then its been good since. I got scared hahaha

raymondmit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Will you need to recalibrate the system every time after every tire inflation? It seems like it's not as smart as I imagined. I bought this OBD TPMS recently that uses the same ABS sensor data from each wheel but mine doesn't need to be recalibrated after the first time since the setup is complete. Maybe it's because the factory tpms is a general warning type that doesn't show which tire is flat and mine tells which specific tire is flat? Maybe it's a saftey feature of some sort.. EBay.ca sells it and I tjunk it's quite a decent price too

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/-/282856260100

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Joined The Type R Club This Week Screenshot_2018-02-20-19-36-14-10

OP
OP
Anthracer12

Anthracer12

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I noticed you're in Illinois. Can I ask where you purchased your CTR and if you paid over MSRP?
I bought mine at Honda Superstore in Lisle last Saturday and paid sticker for it. I just drove by there today and they had a red one in the showroom so apparently they don't have any trouble getting them. I don't know how long it'll be there though.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Will you need to recalibrate the system every time after every tire inflation? It seems like it's not as smart as I imagined. I bought this OBD TPMS recently that uses the same ABS sensor data from each wheel but mine doesn't need to be recalibrated after the first time since the setup is complete. Maybe it's because the factory tpms is a general warning type that doesn't show which tire is flat and mine tells which specific tire is flat? Maybe it's a saftey feature of some sort.. EBay.ca sells it and I tjunk it's quite a decent price too

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/-/282856260100

Screenshot_2018-02-20-19-36-14-10.png
That looks nice. I have been looking into buying the so-called "external" TPMS, but this looks so much better integrated. While I like the fact that you can see which specific tire needs air (unlike the OEM TPMS warning), it doesn't look like this one can show the air pressure level of each of the four tires in PSI, as could some of the external systems.

chomdh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, 2004 S2000, 2006 TL, 2016 Outback 3.6
Country flag
I bought mine at Honda Superstore in Lisle last Saturday and paid sticker for it. I just drove by there today and they had a red one in the showroom so apparently they don't have any trouble getting them. I don't know how long it'll be there though.
Thanks! I wish I could go grab this one but not quite ready to pull the trigger. My friend lives in Lisle and he sent me a pic of it yesterday. I'm only 2 hours away.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Thanks! I wish I could go grab this one but not quite ready to pull the trigger. My friend lives in Lisle and he sent me a pic of it yesterday. I'm only 2 hours away.

I just call and it's the one from the Chicago Auto show. It is msrp + accessories. Sales lady said it only had wheel locks. Too bad it was in the show or I would had put a deposit on it.

chomdh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, 2004 S2000, 2006 TL, 2016 Outback 3.6
Country flag
I just call and it's the one from the Chicago Auto show. It is msrp + accessories. Sales lady said it only had wheel locks. Too bad it was in the show or I would had put a deposit on it.
Good to know. I'll hold off on this one. Though I am a big fan of RR.
Sponsored